Chapter 6

Aisah's POV

I woke up by the infernal ringtone of my phone.

My head was throbbing painfully from the hangover as I picked up the call without reading the caller ID.

"Hello" I said in a groggy annoyed tone.

"What's wrong with you?" I heard a rough male voice reply and I stood up alert.

"Nothing sir, I overslept" I answered respectfully.

"Are you sure?" he asked suspiciously.

"Yes sir, bad habit I know. It won't happen again" I answered.

"Alright. Any news?" he asked and I hesitated, I knew what he wanted me to say but I found it so hard to say it out loud.

"Well?" he urged me on.

I let out a silent breath, I might as well say something... anything to get him off my back for now.

"Well sir, I'm not exactly sure" I lied.

"Care to elaborate" he said roughly.

"Um she fits the description but if it were her would she really faked her death to be with a celebrity? and I have not heard her mention or do anything that would show the training she had" I said trying to bluff my way out.

"Does she have the build you would expect someone like us to have?" he continued... he wasn't stupid, he would try to probe my brain until something slipped.

"Well yeah she's in excellent shape but she's a dancer from what I heard".

"Are you feeling sympathy for the enemy?" he asked in a deadly tone.

"No sir, we don't even know if it's her..." I left the sentence hanging because he was 99% sure it was her, he just sent me to confirm it.

I chose to do this job because I wanted to prove myself after I finished the training, no one thought I had what it takes... and I guess they were right.

My first mission and I'm letting my feelings get in the way.

It was hard for me to believe that someone as nice and sweet as Liz could've been one of the most dangerous spies in the world, I would never tell that to the captain though, he would ask me to leave the mission and I have to admit to myself that I didn't want to go.... I kind of liked Zayn.

"Aisah if you can't avoid letting yourself from getting attached we can send someone else. You are new to this, and being an information spy it's not easy or safe, you are not trained like Liz was trained. We just gave you the basic survival training, that wouldn't be enough to get out alive in a fight with her, she was a lead operations agent, close combat is her speciality. I have told you how many agents we lost the day she supposedly "died", and it was only her and Andrew. If you want to come back to the base and watch someone else work before going on your next mission, it won't affect your records" he said trying to sound understanding but we all new he liked things go his way or not done at all.

"No sir, I can do this, I still have until tomorrow to figure this out... I think I can get her boyfriend's  best friend to tell me, he seems to like me...with a little persuasion...." I said and felt disgusted with myself.

"Good thinking, keep me posted" he said and before I could say something I heard the click indicating the call had ended.

"Sure thing boss" I said at the phone while sighing.

Get over it Aisah, doing this was your decision, no one made you, so now finish what you started.

Louis' POV  

Oh Lord, I did not just hear what I think I did. Did I?

I was about to go and talk to Ally about it then I thought occurred to me... what if she was part of it too? What if both Ally and Ais are spies from Shadow?

It hurt to think that way, even though we haven't been dating for that long, I had feelings for her, did she really used me to get to Liz? Did she fake everything, acted like she liked me, wanted to be with me for a stupid mission?

It was hard for me to believe she would do that but I couldn't take the risk, I had to talk to Liz first.

I ran away from Aisah's room door in case she walked out and found me there, then barged in Niall and Liz's room. They were seating on the bed with a bunch of candy and junk food on top of the covers, apparently competing to see who could eat the most, I rolled my eyes, only they would do something like that.

I closed the door after I walked inside then talked, "Dwarfie, we have a situation" I whispered.

"What's wrong?" she whispered back.

"Why are we whispering?" asked Niall in a hushed voice and Liz laughed with a shrug.

"We've got to talk privately" I said slowly and Niall frowned.

"She tells me everything" he said offended.

"Don't be so dramatic, I didn't mean you couldn't listen, I meant we can't talk here" I said quickly while helping them get out of the candy chaos and urged them out the room and the house.

Then I put some distance from the cabin and turned to face both of them who had a confused look on their faces.

"What's going on?" asked Niall when I hesitated.

"Aisah... if that's even her name... she's a spy" I said slowly and Liz frowned.

"Ais... a spy?" she asked for confirmation.

"Yes" I said, "I heard her talking on the phone and she was talking about you and how she didn't know if you were the Liz they were looking for and how she would find out before tomorrow" I confessed and Niall seemed upset, worried when he looked at Liz, probably scared that something could happen to her but she just nodded acknowledgement to my statement without seeming surprised.

"Did you just hear what I just said?" I asked confused at her reaction.

"Yes I did" she said calmly.

"You actually gave me good news" she finished.

This time both me and Niall looked at her like she finally lost her mind.

"Louis for the past 2 days I've been very paranoid about Ais, I like the girl, I do but there's something that put me on edge and I thought I was going crazy. Now I know I'm not, besides the fact that she got a call, means she hasn't confirmed anything and she's not stupid, she knows it's really me, even if she's trying to convince herself I'm not. There's something holding her back.... and I think I know what....gather everyone we are going to deal with this very soon" she said.

"But Ally..." I said slowly.

"She's not a spy Louis, trust me I would know" she said with a smile.

"Really?" I asked hopeful.

"Naw, she loves you, I'm sure, there's no way that twinkle in her eye when she's with you is fake" she said and winked; I sighed my relief.

"Thanks" I said and hugged her.

"Now go get everyone, I've got a plan and we do it tonight" Liz said with a determined expression and I knew she was in spy mode.