Chapter 12

Aisah's POV

It doesn't take a genius to know Zayn is in love with Liz, maybe if I had more sense of self preservation I would back away before I end up getting hurt but ..... I was falling for him, hard and fast.

Part of me wanted to run away from this but the other part wanted to stay and help him, that part wanted me to put all my being into making him fall crazy, intensely, passionately in love with me.

I could do it right? how hard could it be? Maybe if I can get him to stop resisting...

It's like he wants me to help him but at the same time when things feel serious he wavers and closes me out, unintentionally, but it still hurts.

I need to get him to stop shutting me out, or he will never feel the same about me as I feel about him and that is something I don't think I could live through....

Zayn's POV

My mind kept wandering to my date with Ais, it went really good, it was nice and I really enjoyed her company.

Plus there was a part of me that wanted her but I didn't know if that was lust or a feeling starting to grow.

I felt like if I keep it up and things don't turn out like I wanted I might end up hurting Aisah and that was the last thing I wanted....

I woke up with a buzz... my cell phone was under my pillow and I grabbed it in the dark, looked at the screen and it was a text from Aisah.

I took a deep breath and read it "Coming over tomorrow.... if you don't mind?" she stated it as a question.

Hmm should I?

I thought about it for a moment and realized I wanted to see her too, I just felt like I didn't want to hurt her if it didn't work out....If I'm careful with my actions and words maybe.... the hell with it.

I texted her back "I don't mind ;) " then went back to sleep.

Aisah's POV

I didn't get much sleep during the night so I just kept going over ideas or things I could do to make Zayn see how great I could be for him, even if I didn't believe I actually was.

Maybe I was way over my head...I shouldn't have to try to make a guy like me, he should like my just because I am me.

I knew that was true but at the same time my heart kept tugging towards Zayn and I didn't want to ignore it.

***************************************************

I had just climbed the steps to One Direction's door and knocked.

As always, Liam opened it, saw me and smiled.

"Hey Ais, how are you?" he asked politely, everyone was trying to be nice but they still weren't sure how deep a friendship with me can really go.

"I'm really good, thanks for asking...how about you?" I asked while walking inside.

"Same old, same old" he said with a chuckle.

"Great" I answered and was led by him to the living room where Zayn was playing a video game with Louis and apparently was losing so he was cursing under his breath and accusing Louis of cheating.

"Hate the game, not the player" he answered with a huge grin.

"Yeah Zayn don't be a sore loser and give me the controller you've got a visitor anyways" stated Harry and Zayn turned around and saw me, a smile crossing his face which gave me butterflies in my stomach.