Chapter 9

Niall's POV

"What happened, why did she leave?" asked Zayn and I shrugged before darting outside to find her.

I saw her running towards the beach and the first thought that came to me after what had just happened inside was that she was going to try to drown herself. So I ran as fast as I could but slowed down when I saw her stop some feet away from the water and fell to the ground on her knees.

I jogged the rest of the way to her and knelt down in front of her and lifted her chin which was covered in blood and now tainted by tears too.

I took my shirt off and slowly cleaned her face with it but she didn't even acknowledged my presence, it was as if I wasn't even there.... 

"Liz, babe..." I started.

"Don't" she said quietly and pushed my hand away before putting her head down on her knees.

"Princess...love, what's wro- " I started again but she didn't let me finish.

"Stop okay, just leave me" she said in a tired voice.

"Damn it Liz, I will never leave you... especially not now!" I exclaimed.

She lifted her head up and looked at me like I was crazy.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" she asked me, with disbelief in her eyes.

"No, what the hell is wrong with you? Let me be there for you, to comfort you... that's what I'm here for remember? When we get married its through thick and thin, let me practice, you don't have to be strong all the time, it's alright to break down once in a while and have someone help you pull yourself together.... I want to be that someone Liz, please let me..." I whispered looking straight in her eyes and saw tears stream down her face again.

"Niall.... you just saw the worst of me...my darkest side, how can you still think about marrying me?" she asked while sobbing.

"I don't know what you think happened, but I saw the girl I love protect her friends and risk her life for me and that only makes me love her even more" I said and she looked away.

"Yeah right.... I noticed the doubt in all of your faces when he implied I don't care about you guys, I would've expected at least you and Louis to know what I was doing but no you just didn't know this part of me so you weren't sure if everything we went through was real. You didn't know who was the real me the one you met 2 years ago or the one you were seeing at the moment..." she stopped talking while more tears fell silently down her cheek.

Damn, she was right I did doubt her... for like a split second only but still I doubted her.

"Liz, I'm so sorry I hurt you by doubting you..... I just got confused but only for a moment, I know who you are as a person, I know you and I know what an amazing human being you are, you always put yourself, your life before others and that's who you are and I love you for it" I said and she shook her head as if not wanting to believe what I was saying.

"Liz, please just look at me, please" she slowly lifted her eyes up to me, "I loved you yesterday, I love you now and I'm sure as hell I will love you tomorrow and every single day after that, alright?" she looked down and I took her face in my hands, "you better agree with what I'm saying because I'm not giving you an option" I said and saw a faint smile on the corner of her mouth and I knew I was almost done convincing her, just one more thing left....

I leaned in and placed my mouth on her soft moist lips and brushed smooth kisses on them, the type you give when your trying to persuade and hesitantly she started responding and I knew I had won so I smiled and she pushed me back a bit.