Chapter 4 - The Ink And Paint Club

Eddie waited outside the entrance of The Ink And Paint Club, that was hidden on the side of an alleyway. He was waiting for (Y/N) to show up, still not sure about all of this, when the clicking of heels filled his ears.

 He was waiting for (Y/N) to show up, still not sure about all of this, when the clicking of heels filled his ears

(A/N: Ignore the gloves but the rest is how the outfit looks)

He turned and was stunned to see (Y/N). She really was all gussied up in a strapless, knee-length, mermaid style (F/C) dress. She had a lacey choker necklace, to add a touch of flare to her outfit, along with a simple pair of black heels and a clutch purse to match. Her (H/L) hair had also been styled and touch of makeup had also been put on her face.

She looked beautiful but his gaze made her second-guess her outfit choice. She nervously adjusted her glasses, glancing over them at Eddie as she asked, "Do I look okay?"

Eddie gave her a reassuring smile as he linked his arm with hers and said, "Trust me, sweetheart. You look amazing."

She grinned up at him with a new-found confidence as they walked up to the club's door and Eddie knocked on it. A small part of the door slid open, only one toony eye peeking out and being seen, as a gruff voiced asked, "Got the password?"

"Walt sent me."

The opening slid closed before the door opened fully, allowing the pair to come inside. Once in, they noticed the bouncer who was a large, mean-looking gorilla wearing only the top half of a tux with the sleeves rolled up. He glared down at the pair, making (Y/N) nervously look away.

Eddie, on the other hand, looked him up and down, grinning up at him as he said, "Nice monkey suit."

"Wise ass!"

(Y/N) quickly grabbed Eddie's arm and pulled him away. "Why would you make him angry?"

"It was funny, don't get on my case."

"We're on a case so excuse me for not trying to get thrown out."

They both narrowed their eyes at one another before Eddie calmed himself and replied, "Look, let's just get this over with so I can enjoy the rest of my night."

"Fine by me."

Eddie pushed open the doors in front of them, lively and hyper piano music filling their ears. Laughter sounded all around as a couple of penguin waiters scurried by with their trays filled with drinks.

To (Y/N)'s amazement, she could see Donald Duck and Daffy Duck, both performing on the stage, each on their own piano. Donald's was more grand, shiny and black, with him even dressed up for it. Daffy was just his usual silly self with his piano a plain box like structure of white.

Daffy began to pound on his instrument, much to Donald's annoyance as he started yelling in his quacky voice, "Hey, cut it out!"

"Anyone understand what this duck is saying?" Daffy asked the audience, getting many laughs because of it.