Chapter 8 - Uninvited Guest

Eddie and (Y/N) returned to the office after their questioning. They were both a little drained but it had been mainly due to Judge Doom's absolutely horrifying display. (Y/N) was still shaking but Eddie was there to provide her with comfort and she greatly appreciated it.

They headed towards Eddie's office door but paused when they noticed a woman with a baby stroller, blocking it. They stared at her in confusion until they noticed her flick on a lighter and lower it inside the stroller.

They scrambled over to her in panic, (Y/N) grabbing her arm while Eddie yelled, "Hey! Hey, hey, hey, hey! Wait a minute! Hey, hey!"

The woman moved over to reveal that it was Baby Herman, Roger's co-star, and she was lighting his cigar. The two settled down, (Y/N) laughing nervously as she released the woman's arm.

"I've been trying to make him quit but he just won't listen to me." She explained.

Baby Herman waved her off, stating, "What do you know, you dumb broad? You got the I.Q. of a rattle. You Valiant?"

"Yeah."

"I want to talk to you about the Acme murder." He said before turning to the woman. "Hey, doll. Why don't you run downstairs and get me a racing form?"

Just as she turned, he gave her a sharp smack against her rear. She gasped before irritably stating, "Okay, okay, I'm going."

"The lady's man, huh?" (Y/N) asked with a heavy sarcasm-laced tone.

"Is that an offer, toots?"

She rolled her eyes, smacking him upside the head before moving to try and get to Eddie's door.

"Eh, I don't need ya." He mumbled as he turned to Eddie. "My real problem is, I've got a fifty-year-old lust and a three-year-old dinky."

"Yeah. Must be tough."

"Look, Valiant. The rabbit didn't kill Acme." Both looked up after he said that, waiting to see what he had to say. "He's not a murderer. I should know. He's a dear friend of mine. I tell you, Valiant, the whole thing stinks like yesterday's diapers. Look at this."

He took out a newspaper hidden within his stroller and handed it over to Eddie. On the front page was a story on Marla Acme's murder - with the headline reading 'Toon Kills Woman' - along with one of Eddie's pictures.

"The paper says Acme left no will. That's a load of succotash. Every Toon knows Acme had a will. She promised to leave Toon Town to us Toons. That will is the reason she got bumped off!" Baby Herman proclaimed.

"Has anybody ever seen this will?"

"Ah, no."

Eddie glared down at the little squirt as (Y/N) chipped in, "She was never very vocal about her will other than leaving Toon Town to the Toons. It's been a well-known fact to us all."

"And she gave us her solemn oath." Baby Herman added.

Eddie rolled his eyes as he turned the stroller around, trying to move it away from his door. "If you believe that, that harlequin could do anything solid, the gag's on you pal!"

(A/N: If you saw what I just did I above, please give me love in the comments. I thought I was so clever for the change in script😊.)

"I just figured since you were the one who got my pal in trouble, you might want to help get him out. I can pay ya."

Eddie did not take kindly to that remark.

He grabbed onto the stroller tightly and angrily said, "Save your money for a pair of elevator shoes!"

"Hey, no! Valiant, don't!"