Chapter 11 - Shave And A Haircut

As the trio rushed inside, they saw Roger was singing and dancing on top of the bar. There were a bunch of bar goers watching on in amusement and laughing, crowded around the counter while Roger entertained them.

"Woo, hoo, hoo! Nice shirt. Who's your tailor? Quasimodo? Woo hoo!" Roger joked with a customer as he danced to the other end of the bar.

🎵Roger: "My buddy's Eddie V, a sourpuss you'll see. But when I'm done, he'll need no gun 'cause a joker he will be!"

Delores smiled slightly in amusement as Roger sang right at Eddie, while he glared hatefully at the joking rabbit. (Y/N), however, was in a state of shock. She knew Roger wasn't the brightest bulb in the box but she didn't think he'd be dumb enough to out himself while being a suspect in a major murder case.

Roger danced back down the bar top, spinning Angelo's hair rapidly on his head. The man stopped his hair while laughing along with the other bar patrons.

🎵Roger: "C, D, E, F, G, H, I-I~!"

He slid across the bar, propping his head up with his hand. Everyone cheered as he got back up on his feet and made his way over back to the other side, towards a giant stack of plates.

🎵Roger: "I love to raise some Cain! Believe me it's no strain! It feels so great, to smash a plate, and look there's no pain!"

Roger emphasized his last point by grabbing one of the plates from the stack and broke it over his head. He indeed felt no pain but then the record his crazy song was playing on skipped, replaying the last little part of the song.

🎵Roger: "No pain."

Roger repeated his last line and once again smashed a plate over his head.

🎵Roger: "No pain."

Roger kept repeating his line and action as the record kept repeating itself. The customers found it hilarious but Delores not so much. She gazed on in horror as Roger smashed her plates one by one, crying out in a desperate attempt to stop him.

Eddie had enough with both Roger and his plate smashing and he took the needle off the record player, ceasing both the song and Roger, who froze mid-sentence and mid plate smash. Eddie grabbed the infuriating rabbit by the ears and pulled him off the bar. But, in doing so, he made the rest of the plates fall off and they broke across the floor. Delores yelled out in horror and (Y/N) was quick to jump in and save whatever she could.

While the patrons either helped out the girls or went back to their tables, Eddie dragged Roger to the back room. He slammed the hidden wall open and threw Roger inside. He yelled as he sailed through the air, getting his head stuck in a bucket when he landed.

"Hey, who turned out the lights?" Roger complained, attempting to remove the bucket and stretching his neck to giraffe-length in the process, while Eddie glared at him with barely contained rage. "I can't see a thing! What's going on?"

"You crazy rabbit! (Y/N) and I been out there risking our necks for you and what are you doing? Singing and dancing!"

Roger finally managed to kick the bucket off his head and sent it flying towards Eddie. He easily caught it before throwing it to the floor in his anger. Just then, (Y/N) came running into the room, also glaring at Roger, though her gaze was definitely softer than Eddie's.

"I can't believe you did such a reckless and stupid thing, Rog." She scolded as she came to stand next to Eddie.

"But I'm a Toon. Toons are supposed to make people laugh." Roger defended.