Chapter 7 - Roger Did WHAT?!

When the morning finally arrived and allowed for the previous night's misery to somewhat wash away, the sun that seeped into Eddie's office found him passed out. He was snoring away, face planted on his desk and an empty bottle of alcohol clutched in his unconscious hand.

A man came up behind him, a legitimate detective on the force named Santino. Accompanying him was (Y/N), dressed in a simple (F/C) sundress, and carrying a cup of coffee as she tried to get him to stop.

"Don't wake him up." She whispered her warning.

It, however, fell on deaf ears as Santino grabbed the bottle out of Eddie's hand and loudly threw it into the trash can he picked up. The Toon woman jumped slightly as Eddie sprung into an upright position from the noise. The coffee went leaping out of the cup but she was able to catch it as Eddie turned to face the other man as he threw the trash can on the floor.

"I tried to stop him, Eddie." (Y/N) mumbled, adjusting her glasses timidly.

Eddie shook it off, letting her know he didn't blame her before turning to greet the man. "Lieutenant Santino. Where'd you come from?"

"Gee whiz, Eddie. If you needed money so bad, why didn't you come to me?" Santino asked as he picked up the patty cake pictures and gestured to them to prove his point.

Eddie didn't seem bothered by his words. He looked over to (Y/N) who smiled and handed him the cup of coffee. He nodded his thanks and her smile dropped as she noticed him grab a small bottle of scotch and proceeded to throw the last gulp that was left into his cup.

"So, I took a couple of dirty pictures. So, kill me."

"I already have a stiff on my hands, thank you."

Both (Y/N) and Eddie gazed up upon hearing his words and Eddie was the first to voice his confusion. "Huh?"

"Marla Acme. The rabbit kacked her last night." Santino revealed.

"What?" They both exclaimed.

...

Santino's car pulled up to the Acme Factory and he stepped out with Eddie and (Y/N) in tow. He needed to question them as they had been active parts in the moments leading up to Roger's snap in sanity. 

Apparently, Mr Maroon had been questioned first since he was Marla's business neighbour. This had led to other folks getting called in for questioning, one was apparently still being questioned inside, and it was Maroon's telling of the events that had led Santino to Eddie and (Y/N).

(Y/N) stared up at the building, remembering how her dad spoke about Marla's success. Getting funding from her very late husband to open her own business but already had a large reputation before that as the woman who owned Toon Town. She is...was a very successful woman and it confused her that she was murdered by a Toon, one of the beings she had loved and dedicated her life to.

And the Toon that had done her in was Roger Rabbit. It was still very hard to believe. Both her and Eddie couldn't wrap their heads around it.

They were about to head in when happy, bouncy music caught their attention and both Eddie and (Y/N) stopped to look to the side. It just so happened that Acme's factory was located right next to Toon Town, with a wall blocking it off. It was the closest people could come to it and catch a glimpse without actually going there.

A smiling sun danced in the sky while buildings could just be seen bouncing in the background.

"Now what?" Santino asked the pair, coming over to stand next to them.

"It's just I haven't been this close to Toon Town for a while." Eddie explained.

(Y/N) nodded, agreeing with him. It had been a while since she herself had gone there as well. The last time was probably with her family to meet some relatives, but even then, that had been many, many years ago.