Chapter 10 - I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way.

(A/N: (Y/N) sings in this chapter. Just imagine it as you singing like when you're in the shower. Also, I actually did some research and the song she sings actually came out in the time period the movie takes place in. Not the singers but the song itself. I like going the extra mile to make things feel more authentic.😊)

...

🎵(Y/N): "There's just one place for me...near you."

(Y/N) sang softly to herself as she stepped out of the shower. The ink was finally washed out of her (H/C) coloured hair and her mood was a little better. Like some weight had been lifted off her shoulders.

🎵(Y/N): "It's like heaven to be...near you."

She wrapped a towel around her waist, placed back on her glasses, and headed out to try and find any extra clothes for herself. When Valiant and Valiant used to be flooded with clients, she could remember that she sometimes stayed and worked long nights with the brothers. It had prompted her to leave some clothes at the apartment for such occasions.

It had been a while since she needed to fish out the extra clothes. She had always hoped it would be from the detective business flourishing once again...and not because Roger, through various antics, got her current clothes soaked in pitch black ink.

🎵(Y/N): "Times when we're apart and I can't face my heart. Say you'll never stay more than two lips away."

She walked out into the main part of the apartment, not noticing a certain someone standing just off to the side. No, (Y/N) was just too focused on the mess around her, silently hoping someone would kick those weasels right in their...well, you know what she meant.

🎵(Y/N): "If my hours could be spent...near you."

She smiled as she picked up a pretty (F/C) dress, holding it against her to see what it looked like. Still very unaware of the charming green eyes watching her as she softly swayed to her tune.

🎵(Y/N): "I'd be more than content...ne-"

She finally turned around and came face-to-face with Jesse Rabbit, who gazed at her with a charming smirk on his face, his beautiful green eyes going over her practically exposed form in a painfully slow manner. She noticed how his eyes lingered on her legs and a red blush soon consumed her face.

"That's a nice song you're singing, Doll." He teased.

"W-W-What are y-you doing here?" She stuttered out, wrapping her arms tightly around her chest, as the towel she was wearing didn't leave much to the imagination.

This action drove his eyes to her chest, making his smirk widen, before he finally met her own eyes.

"Just looking for your boss." He explained taking one step closer and making her take one back. "Though I must say I'm not disappointed that I found you instead."

She glared over at him as she spat out, "Get out of here."

"Just when we could be having so much fun?"

He slinked a little closer to her and she once again stepped back.

"Eddie said I shouldn't trust anyone right now. And I think that goes double for you."

Her comment made Jesse frown. He took another step forward and she took another back. Her movements made his frown deepen on and he seemed to actually be hurt by them.

"You've got the wrong idea about me, Doll. I'm just really worried about Roger and I was hoping Eddie would find him for me."

(Y/N) simply huffed as she stated, "I'm sorry that you're worried about your brother but Eddie isn't taking any cases right now."