Chapter 12 - Car Chase In A Cab

"That was quick thinking, you guys!" Roger yelled over his shoulder as he ran outside.

He looked to his right, starting to go that way but changed his mind and started running down the left side. (Y/N) and Eddie came out right after, hurrying to catch up with the rabbit when Eddie noticed the weasels' van parked outside.

"Nothin' like using the ol' spine flower, the wise noodle, the- "

"Roger!" Eddie groaned as he grabbed the Toon before he could go too far and threw him inside the van. "Let's use this."

Him and (Y/N) also clambered inside and started looking around for the keys while Roger looked around in a panic.

"Let's get outta here! What are you waiting for?"

"There's no damn key!"

"What now, Eddie?"

Their situation seemed dire until a Brooklyn-accented voice started to shout at them from the back holding of the van. "Hey, you weasels! Let me outta here, will ya? Come on, I've gotta make a living!"

Roger's eyes lit up with recognition and he opened the sliding divider behind him, calling out, "Benny! Is that you?"

"No, it's Eleanor Roosevelt. Come on, Roger. Get me outta here!"

The rabbit wasted no time squeezing himself through the divider, causing his letter to Jesse to fly out of his pocket in the process. (Y/N) quickly caught it and decided to keep it safe for him.

Roger soon popped his face back out and stated, "Eddie! (Y/N)! We got ourselves a ride! Open the doors!"

The man and Toon quickly hopped out and made their way to the back of the van. Eddie swung open the back doors and out jumped a Toon cab with a face, with Roger behind his wheel.

"Ah! That's better!" The cab, Benny, sighed out in relief. "I can't believe they locked me up for driving on a sidewalk!"

"Come on, you guys! Get in!" Roger urged, happily ready to drive off.

"It was just a coupl'a miles!" Benny shrugged before noticing (Y/N) circling around him before getting in. "Well, well, well. Hey, toots, you like cars?"

"Now is not the time, buster."

"Actually, my name is Benny."

"I'll drive." Eddie quickly asserted as he grabbed onto the wheel and moved Roger over, making him sit in the middle.

"But I wanna drive." Roger whined.

"No! I'll drive! I'm the cab!" Benny interjected as he revved his engine, spun around and drove off, almost running a guy over in the process. "Outta my way, pencil neck! And, how about this weather, huh? It never rains!"

They passed the bar just as the weasels came scrambling out.

"They sprung the cab! Let's go!" 

They all looked back towards the weasels as Benny asked, "And how about those Brooklyn Dodgers! Are they bums or what?"

(Y/N) quirked her eyebrow at the cab as she curiously questioned, "Are you referring to the baseball team or the weasels?"

"Take your pick, toots."

"Move over. I'm driving." Smart Ass growled out as all the weasels piled into the van, blared their siren and immediately chased after the trio - plus Benny.

"Benny. Eddie. (Y/N). We've got company!"

Benny, however, was not too worried about Roger's warning. He was more focused on two cars that were driving just a little too slowly for his liking.