Chapter 15 - Toon Town

He got out of his car and slammed the door shut, not breaking his gaze from the tunnel for even a moment. He was apprehensive to go through, even as rage took hold and he grabbed his gun. He held it out and took a step forward but his body stopped him from going further.

If he was being honest with himself, he was scared. It would be the first time he went in since Teddy's death. It wasn't something he felt ready to face. But then he thought back on (Y/N). His best friend. She was like a sister to him and was there for him even when he had lost who he was. And she was in trouble.

Filled with a new resolve, he threw his gun back into the car and retrieved a wooden case from one of his bags. Inside was a Toon gun he had gotten from Yosemite Sam, as a gift for helping him be set free from the 'hoosegow'. He took the Toon gun out then opened a small flap within the case, revealing six Toon bullets, that looked like they stepped straight out of the Old West.

"What in Sam Hill?"

"Eddie Valiant! Well, you're a sight for sore eyes."

"I ain't seen you for nigh onto five years!"

"Where've you been?"

Eddie smirked down at the bullets as he simply said, "Drunk. Feeling frisky tonight, fellas?"

"Yeah!"

"Let's go."

The bullets all sprung into action, loading themselves into the gun. Eddie snapped the rotating chamber closed and reached for his bottle of whiskey to take a swig for luck. But just as his lips were about to touch the bottle, he paused. He'd lost himself and it nearly drove him to lose everyone he cared about. Including (Y/N).

He gazed at the bottle for a few seconds before pouring its contents out on the road. Throwing it up in the air, he shot one of the bullets at it. The bullet headed straight for the bottle, glaring it as if it were his mortal enemy before slashing it to pieces with an axe.

Eddie got back in his car and, without hesitation, drove through the tunnel. It was dark for only a moment before a set of red curtains opened up at the end of it, revealing the awfully bright and colourful land of Toon Town. 

The sun smiled and bounced joyfully in the sky and, as it sung, was joined by the other Toon civilians of the town. There were dancing trees, cupids, pigs, bunnies, flowers, heck, it was just an explosion of Toons. Eddie looked around, uncomfortable from the overload of joyful singing and dancing, but he did his best to bear through it.

"Hi, Eddie!" A trio of birds gleefully greeted him, repeating it as they flew around his car.

Eddie watched them as they flew to the back, not watching where he was going.

They continued to flutter and smile as they uniformly concluded, "Bye, Eddie!"

He was confused for a moment but it only lasted two seconds as he slammed into a car in front of him. He sighed out in exasperation as he got out of the car and looked around at the cartoony chaos that was happening all around him. It was a lot for him to handle but he just moved on, hoping that he'd get to (Y/N) in time before that singing bastard could do anything to her.

...

Jesse sighed as he opened the passenger-side door, making (Y/N) scream out as loud as she could. Jesse frowned as he gently pulled her out and made sure she was facing him before becoming serious.

"Look, I'm going to untie you now and take that gag off but you gotta promise to be calm so I can explain everything, okay?"

She sniffled but slowly nodded. He smiled as he took off her gag and was pleasantly surprised when she didn't scream. She just frowned and not much else. But that didn't last, for as soon as he removed her bindings, she screamed at the top of her lungs, shoving him hard enough to fall to the ground before running away as fast as she could.