Catapults, Statues, and 1300 Years

Tyler looked at his siblings as Edmund continued walking to a rock and kneeling before saying something "catapults." 

"What?" Peter spoke looking at his younger brother confused. 

Edmund turned back to his siblings "this didn't just happen. Cair Paravel was attacked." Tyler who was already seething at the destruction of his home took a deep breath to try and control his anger at the thought of someone launching catapults at his home. 

The five continued as the boys pushed aside the stone to reveal a wooden door which Peter broke and pushed open. He ripped a piece of his shirt before tying it to a stick "don't suppose you have any matches do you?" 

"No," Edmund spoke as he looked into his bag. "But would this help." He pulled his hand out to reveal a flashlight. 

Tyler snorted as Peter chuckled "you might have mentioned that a bit sooner." Edmund led the way with Peter and Tyler bringing up the lead. They climbed down stairs as they stared stunned at the statues of their older selves. Peter sighed "I can't believe it. It's all still here." 

Lucy, Susan, and Edmund all ran to their boxes while Peter and Tyler hung back. Peter and Tyler slowly walked to their statues and opened their chests. Peter smiled as he picked up Rhindon and Tyler opened his chest to see his pure black sword Epilogue. He smiled before finding his throwing knives as well and attaching them to his belt. 

Peter and Tyler both unsheathed their swords as their siblings watched

Peter and Tyler both unsheathed their swords as their siblings watched. Tyler looked at his sword "when Aslan bares his teeth," 

"winter meets its death." Peter spoke along with Tyler.

"When he shakes his mane," Tyler and Peter both turned at the soft voice of Lucy. "we shall have spring again. Everyone we knew... Mr Tumnus and the Beavers...they're all gone." 

Tyler nodded before saying "I think it's time we found out what's going on here." Peter nodded to his older brother as the two oldest Pevensies sheathed their swords before changing into more appropriate clothes. 

The five former royals walked out onto the beach in time to see two soldiers rowing up the river. Susan pulled back an arrow before yelling "drop him" letting it fly. The soldiers dropped the tied up and gagged dwarf into the water making Peter and Edmund dive in to save him as the soldiers fled. 

Lucy cut the dwarf free before the dwarf got up spitting mad "drop him! That's the best you could do?" 

Susan looked appalled "a simple thank you would suffice." 

"They were doing just fine drowning me without your help." 

Tyler looked at Peter and face palmed knowing exactly what his brother was about to say and was proven right "maybe we should have let them." 

Lucy looked confused "why were they trying to kill you anyway?" 

The dwarf who was still soaking wet looked at the five teens "they're Telmarines. It's what they do." 

All of the siblings looked at each other even more confused as Tyler spoke up for the first time "Telmarines? In Narnia?" 

The dwarf looked at them "where have you been for the last few hundred years?" 

"It's a bit of a long story." Lucy spoke as she handed Peter's sword back to him. 

The dwarves eyes caught Peter's sword and then looked at the sword strapped to one side of Tyler's body and the throwing knives strapped to the other. He stood in stunned disbelief for a minute "oh, you've got to be kidding me. You're it? You're the kings and queens of old?" When all five nodded "beards and bedsteads! Maybe that horn worked after all." 

"What horn?" Lucy asked making the dwarf just look at them. 

~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile deep in the woods, Caspian woke up with a cloth tied around his head. He groaned before opening his eyes and seeing weird decorations on the roof before sitting up and taking the wrap off of his head. He suddenly heard voices coming from the other room and snuck to the doorway to listen. He heard a male voice "we can't kill him now. I just bandaged his head." 

Caspian rushed out and grabbed a hot poker just as another dwarf pulled his sword and started fighting with him. Caspian sat back on the stairs as he looked at the two in front of him "what are you?" 

The badger laughed "you know its funny you ask that. You'd think people would know a badger when they saw one." 

"No. No, I mean..." Caspian started as he looked at both of them "you're Narnians. You're supposed to be extinct." 

Nikabrik looked at the Telmarine boy "sorry to disappoint you." 

Badger returned with soup "here. Still hot." 

"Since when did we become a boarding house for Telmarine soldiers?" Nikabrik asked looking at the badger. 

"I'm not a soldier," Caspian spoke as he shot up feeling insulted to be called a soldier. "I am Prince Caspian. The tenth." 

"What are you doing here?" 

"Running away." Caspian sighed as he put the fire stick back. "My uncle has always wanted my throne. I suppose I have only lived this long because he did not have an heir of his own." 

Caspian moved to leave when the badger spoke "do you know what this is." Caspian turned to see him holding up the horn that Caspian had blown before being knocked out.