Near Catatonic and Temptations

It had been three years since Tyler left Narnia and surprisingly he hadn't been drafted in the war which he had attributed to Aslan and his magic. Although he most definitely wouldn't have been any good if he was drafted considering pretty much as soon as he came back from Narnia, Tyler went near catatonic. 

He talked to absolutely no one except Peter and instead spent his time reading. He had drifted even further from Susan after they had returned considering she gave him all this crap about the fact that she liked Caspian as well meanwhile Tyler was the only one out of the two of them that was near catatonic and was in pain constantly. 

He knew that Peter felt it as well which was probably why he was willing to talk to him. Peter and Tyler had always felt the most at home in Narnia so it made sense that those two would talk to each other. Let's put it this way in terms of his siblings Tyler currently liked 3 out of 4 and was talking to 1 out of 4. He couldn't find it in himself to stay in the same room and watch as she seemed to slowly be forgetting Narnia. It took Susan two days to get over Narnia meanwhile three years on and Tyler still hadn't recovered. 

Even though Peter was worried about his older brother, he still had to go with Susan and mom to America while Tyler, Edmund, and Lucy stayed with their aunt and uncle. Even then Tyler spent more time with a book than anything. He had tried going to the market once but five separate girls tried to flirt with him which made things worse because he couldn't stop thinking or comparing them to the king he had left behind. 

Tyler still wore the ring and never took it off not even to bathe or swim. He was terrified that if he did then the ring would disappear and he would lose the last tangible connection to the love of his life. It was official Tyler Pevensie was a shell of who he was and was empty inside because he left himself in Narnia.

Little did he know there was someone who felt the exact same way.

~~~~~~~~~~

King Caspian the Tenth was thrashing and screaming in his sleep as has become the normal at least once a week. The Telmarine jolted up in bed with a scream and a name on the tip of his tongue. He panted heavily and looked around realizing that there was no reprieve from his nightmare because it had actually happened. 

The love of his life had been stripped away. His heart had been ripped out and there was nothing he could do. 

It had now been three years since Tyler Pevensie had been forced to leave by Aslan. He had been given no choice and no idea of return other than he would return. Caspian stood up and walked to the balcony of his chambers and stared out into the night. 

Caspian stared down at the ring on his hand. The ring that had a matching one which was on Tyler's hand at least Caspian hoped. The king was no fool, he knew that Tyler Pevensie was good looking and as a result he knew that there might be other people interested just like with him but he hoped that Tyler wasn't interested. 

Caspian had been given marriage matches by his advisors since six months after the Pevensies left. Their justification had been that Narnia needed strong allies. Caspian had shut down every single one of them not even giving them the satisfaction of meeting these matches. 

Caspian decided that he would do one thing that he'd been meaning to do ever since he became king which was to go find the Lords that were friends of his fathers and were banished by Miraz. He built a ship calling it the Dawn Treader and got himself a crew before setting sail hoping to take his mind off of Tyler Pevensie. He also hoped that Tyler would be coming back either sometime during the voyage or by the time he got back. 

~~~~~~~~~~

And so it was for three years, Caspian and Tyler separated by time, space, and universe yet still thinking about each other and hoping for a way back. It was official those two were nothing without each other, they were shells of the people they had used to be. Aslan who was watching decided that it was time for two halves of a soul to be reunited again. 

Things were about to get a whole lot better for both Caspian and Tyler. The Voyage of the Dawn Treader was going to turn out to be a blessing in disguise for both men. Two hallow halves were about to become a whole. 

Resilient - Caspian XOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara