Aslan's Country and Decisions

The four royals along with Eustace and Reepicheep headed through a sea of flowers to reach a beach where a constant wall of water appeared. Caspian gasped as they all walked towards the water. 

They walked to the water before Eustace spoke "Aslan!" It made all of them turn to look at the majestic lion that was on the sand next to them. 

Aslan sighed "welcome, children. You have done well. Very well indeed." He moved so that he was standing in front of them. "You have come far, and now your journey is at its end." 

Caspian and Tyler slipped their hands into each others at that. Lucy asked, "is this your country?" 

"No," Aslan spoke as he looked at the wall of water. "My country lies beyond." 

Caspian looked down at the clasped hands of Tyler and himself before looking at Aslan "is my father in your country?"

Aslan turned to face Caspian "you can only find that out for yourself, my son. But you should know that if you continue, there is no return." 

Caspian let go of Tyler's hand and walked to the wall of water sticking his hand in it making Tyler's eyes water before Caspian turned back with tears in his eyes. Edmund looked at Caspian "you're not going?" 

Caspian shook his head "I can't imagine my father would be very proud if I give up what he died for. I spent too long wanting what was taken from me and not what was given. I was given a kingdom. A people. I promise to be a better king." 

Aslan smiled "you already are." He then turned to Tyler "I sent you back the first time to test both you and Caspian to see if your love would stand the test of time and worlds." Caspian and Tyler looked at each other smiling. "It has so I'm giving you a choice. You stay with Caspian in Narnia and never return home or you go home with your siblings and never return to Narnia or Caspian until you die." 

Caspian spoke up before Tyler or his siblings could. He looked straight at his love, his best friend, and the person he wanted to spend his life with "I want you to stay in Narnia and with me but it's your choice and I won't stop you no matter what you choose."

Tyler turned to look at his siblings torn on what to do.  "I want to stay but I don't want to leave you guys considering if I stay this will be the last time I see you for a while."

Edmund was the first to speak up. "Ty, you should stay." He shocked both Tyler and Caspian, "you're not going to get another chance plus Caspian is good for you."

Lucy nodded and held Tyler's hands as she looked him in the eyes "If you want to stay with Caspian then do it. Stop thinking about us and think about yourself this time." Tyler nodded with tears in his eyes before Lucy turned to Caspian and playfully glared at him "if he chooses to stay, I won't see him again for a long time so promise me you'll take care of him." 

Caspian nodded "I promise." 

Tyler stared at his siblings and Caspian before thinking about what he really wanted. He then turned to Aslan and took a deep breath before speaking knowing that once he spoke he couldn't take it back. "I lived without Caspian once, I don't think I could do it again." Caspian and both of his siblings smiled at that. "Not to mention the fact that Narnia is my home." 

Reepicheep then headed to Aslan's country which caused a round of tears before Aslan spoke "then so it shall be. Lucy and Edmund your time has come. You like your older siblings have learned all you can from Narnia." 

Lucy and Edmund both smiled as Tyler let the tears drip down his face. Edmund crashed onto Caspian as Lucy hugged Tyler tightly. Edmund then hugged Tyler as Lucy hugged Caspian. They pulled back and all four had tears in their eyes. Tyler pulled a letter addressed to Peter out of his pocket and handed it to Edmund "give this to Peter. He'll understand." Edmund took the letter and nodded as both Pevensies went to hug Aslan before walking to the water with Eustace. 

Tyler stood in a hug with Caspian as they watched Edmund, Lucy, and Eustace walk into the water that would lead them home. Caspian and Tyler both let the tears drip down their faces as they watched before heading back to the ship and sailing home.