Nightmares and More Testosterone Fights

That night the mist made its first move. Caspian lay on his hammock as Tyler lay in the one beside him. Green mist crept up next to them like a monster in the dark. Caspian started to have a nightmare and groaned "Father... Father..." 

Another moved up beside Edmund and whispered "Edmund. Edmund. Come with me." Edmund gasped quietly as the mist took the form of someone that he hated and feared the White Witch. 

The third moved next to Tyler who started moving in his sleep and muttering "Peter, Lucy, Susan, Edmund, No!" He muttered it over and over again as he was seeing his siblings dying and he was unable to help them. It was arguably one of his worst fears. He jolted awake when he heard the gasps of Caspian and Edmund waking up. 

Tyler looked to see Lucy sitting on Edmund's hammock with Caspian sitting up and all of their faces looked like they had just had the worst dream of their lives. Edmund looked at all three of the royals "let me guess bad dreams." When the three nodded he continued "so either we're all going mad or something's playing with our minds." 

Edmund fell back asleep with Lucy laying on top of him as Caspian and Tyler looked at each other. Tyler spoke softly to Caspian "what did you see?" 

"My father," Caspian spoke so softly Tyler could barely hear him. "My father dying, my father telling me that I'm a failure." 

Tyler moved to sit with Caspian "you're not a failure Caspian. You won your kingdom back, you fixed the relationship between the Telmarines and the Narnians, and you're finding your father's lords I wouldn't call that a failure." 

Caspian nodded before he reached up to wipe something off Tyler's face making Tyler confused until he realized that it was a water droplet. He had been crying. Caspian pulled Tyler close to him "what did you see?" 

"I saw my family dying in multiple ways," Tyler took a breath. "I saw them die against the white witch, Miraz, hit by a train, bombed, you name it I probably saw it." 

Tyler then stood up but before he could Caspian grabbed his hand "stay." Tyler nodded and allowed himself to be pulled into Caspian's hammock and laid practically on top of his love. Caspian and Tyler needed the feel of each other so as to know that they weren't having another nightmare. 

In the morning, the weather had cleared up and the Dawn Treader had spotted land once more. The royals along with Reepicheep, Eustace, and others headed to the island in search of food and water. The four royals headed in search of clues and found a crack in the Earth. Caspian looked at the three "what could be down there?" 

Edmund and Tyler looked at each other before Edmund sighed "let's find out." Caspian lowered a rope and Edmund climbed down first followed by Tyler, Lucy, and then Caspian himself. Tyler and Edmund waited for the others as they walked further and found a lake where they spotted a statue in the water. 

Caspian joined them as Edmund tore off a branch and dipped it into the water. All of the royals watched stunned as the branch turned into gold. They looked at the gold statue again realizing that it was most likely a man. Caspian sighed "he must have fallen in." 

Lucy nodded "poor man." 

It was then that Tyler noticed the shield in the water "I think you mean poor lord." 

Caspian noticed what Tyler was saying "the crest of Lord Restimar." 

"And his sword," Tyler and Edmund pointed out. 

"We need it," Caspian spoke to Tyler and Edmund. 

Edmund pulled out the sword he had cleaned off and leaned over the water to hook the sword. Caspian and Tyler each held onto Edmund to make sure that he didn't fall in. Edmund pulled both swords out as Tyler spoke "the swords haven't turned to gold." 

"Both the swords are magical," Caspian spoke from the other side of Edmund. Caspian took the sword as Edmund and Lucy continued to look at the pool that turns things to gold. 

Caspian and Tyler both watched as Edmund took a shell and dipped it into the water. Tyler and Lucy looked at each other knowing that this was most likely going to get bad. Next thing Tyler knows is Edmund and Caspian are fighting and pulling their swords. Lucy and Tyler let it go on for a minute before stepping in between them "can't you guys see what's happening? This is what Coriakin was talking about. This place is bewitching you." 

Caspian looked at Tyler with wide eyes just the same as Lucy looked at Edmund. Tyler sighed seeing how much they regretted fighting "let's just get the hell out of here. We don't need any more fighting." All of the royals walked out but not before Edmund tossed the golden shell back into the pond.