Chapter 2

| You, Larry, and Sal were chatting a bit for a couple of hours, until the sum set and it started to get later. Sal seemed to enjoy himself with the both of you. He even liked Larry's and your taste of music. Which ended up in a head banging session for a little.

"I think I better get going, it's getting late and I still need to unpack a little more."

"Thats fine Sally, we can hang out tomorrow whenever you'd like."

"For sure, it was a lot of fun." Sal said as he got up from sitting in the bean bags.

"Oh Sal! What room number are you in again? Sorry I forgot."

"Mmn? Don't worry it's fine. It's 402."

I sat up too and streched a bit.

"Mind if I walk you there Sal?"

Sal nodded his head no as his pigtails moved around when he nodded his head.

"I don't mind, you can walk me there."

"And you're gonna leave you poor old big brother all alone?" Larry said with a dramatic tone in his voice.

I turned and glared at Larry.

"What if I have a heart attack and I'm all alone here!?" Larry said.

"Good." I told him with a small scoff at the end.

Larry's face looked offended and placed his hand on his chest.

"Wow.. Kids and this generation.." He said as he turned his head away from the both of us.

As me and Sal headed towards the door Larry told us to wait. We both turned and we saw him snoop through something in his drawer.

"Catch Sal!"

He threw a walkie-talkie towards him. Sal fumbled it in his hands a little before he caught it.

"Use that to talk to us through, I'm on channel 2 and Y/n is on channel 9."

Sal nodded and waved bye to Larry. We both made our way to the elevator and pushed the 4th floor button.

"So, how do you like it here? I know you just moved here. But do you like it?" I questioned him.

"To be honest. I'm really happy I already made friends here. I thought it would take me way longer to even talk to someone my age.. well.. because they'd probably make fun of my prosthetic.." He said with a little bit of sadness in his voice at the end.

I looked over to him and felt a little frown creep upon my lips.

"Sal, if anyone were to even make fun of your prosthetic i would personally beat the living shit out of them."

Sal met his eyes with mine, even though I couldn't see his face fully his eyes said it all.

"Plus, your mask is pretty cool, i really like how it looks on you. So you shouldn't feel ashamed of it. Sal."

I could see his eyes shift up a little, showing that he was smiling. It honest made me feel all warm inside to make him smile. Poor kid has probably gone through a lot. I smiled back at him as we both looked at each other. Then I looked at the elevator door open to the 4th floor. I let Sal go first then me.

"Well, this is my stop, thanks again Y/n. I had a lot of fun with you and Larry." He said as he walked towards the door.

"Mmhm! Don't hesitate to stop by if you wanna hang out, okay?"

Sal nodded and opened the door then walked in his apartment.

"Okay Y/n.. Goodnight." He said.

I smiled at him and waves goodbye.

"Night Sal!"

He closed the door then I made my way back to the basement. I opened Larry's door and it was basically a hot box. I coughed and waved my hand around to get some fresh air.

"Larry! What the hell did I tell you about hot boxing out room!? You know I sleep here too!  You could've gone to the tree house and done it there.."

Larry puffed out smoke and let out a small cough.

"Nahh, plus it's too cold. It's nice and warm in here.."

I rolled my eyes and made my way to the coat rack and took off my sweater and put on a better one that was warmer.

"Wanna try it?" Larry said to me as he held his joint in his hand.

I looked at him then looked towards the exit door.

"Like what I said I'm not interested in smoking.."

Larry put the joint in his mouth and inhaled the smoke. Then he puffed it all out.

"Well, more for me." He said with a chuckle at the end.

I took my walkie talkie from my dresser and made my way to the tree house. |