Chapter 14

As I opened the door to my room, I expected to see Larry. But surprisingly he wasn't anywhere to be seen. I took out my flip phone from my pocket and saw a text from him.

Larry
"Hey Y/n, Me and Ash are gonna be hanging out today. I'll be home later."

I put the phone back in my pocket and went to my dresser finding a first aid kit. Sal sat down in one of the bean bags still not saying a word after what had happened. I got the kit and walked over to Sal. I kneeled in front of him and put the kit down next to me.

"Can I take off your mask?" I questioned

"Yeah. Go ahead it's fine.."

I put my hands behind his head and unbuckled the clips holding his mask together. I took it of gently making sure not to hurt him and in the areas he got hit. I put down his mask and saw his right side of this face a bit swollen.

"I'm gonna see if I have an ice pack okay? I'll be back."

Sal nodded and I stood up making my way out the room. As I walked to the fridge I opened the freezer door finding only a bag of frozen fruit.

"I guess this'll do..."

I took the bag into my hands and made my way back to my room. I kneeled next to Sal again and gave it to him. He pressed it up against his face gently and sighed. I opened my first aid kit looking for gauze so I could clean up his nose.

"Sorry you have to deal with my shit. It's not even your problem anyways.."

I looked up at him sadly and frowned.

"Sal.. you shouldn't have to apolagize for this. This is something you shouldn't apologize for.."

"I don't know dude... just you literally having to get bullies to leave me alone makes me feel.. a little guilty."

...

"Well you shouldn't feel guilty about this. I'm sure it weren't for me coming in on time, they would've kicked your ass."

Sal chuckled and looked up at me with soft eyes.

"*sigh* yeah.. I guess you're right.. there was a lot of them anyways."

I chuckled back at him and smiled.

"I'll always be here to defend you, okay?"

A soft smile crept up upon his lips, seeing him smile without his mask made him look a whole bunch better. It made my face feel all hot in a way.

I looked away going back to the first aid kit getting gauze. I picked some up and scooted closer to him trying to wipe away all of the dried blood on his nose.

"Ow!"

I moved back a bit and put the gauze down.

"Shit man! Sorry.."

He giggled and nudged my shoulder slightly.

"I'm fucking with you, plus the ice pack.. well.. the bag of fruit numbed it anyways."

I sighed and smiled at him jokingly.

"Wowww, so funny." I said sarcastically.

I went back to gently cleaning his nose, then I threw the gauze in the trash can and picked up the frozen bag of fruit and put it on my dresser. I dragged one of the bean bags and put one next to him as I sat in it. I picked up his mask and started to look closely at it.

"Thoes damn bullies fucked up your mask.."

He looked over and scooted closer to me slightly.

"Well, it's not that bad.. I'm just glad the pink part of the mask is fine.."

"Heh.. well its the pretty part of the mask."

Sal scoffed slightly and grinned.

"So you're saying that the rest of it isn't pretty?"

I looked over at Sal who was next to me with a small grin on his face.

"I'm just saying that it gives it color.. stupid.."

He chuckled happily and sighed. I couldn't help but laugh to along with him. When we both stopped, it was just the both of us staring at each other. But it wasn't awkward.. it was somewhat, nice. Even though I felt my stomach twist and turn on the inside, I could feel myself soften. His gaze softened and smiled softly. I felt my face become hot by the second, but I didn't wanna pull away either.. then I felt something creep on my hand. But before anything else could happen. We both heard the door swing wide open.

"I'm home!"

Me and Sal moved away quickly and looked away from each other. I stood up and saw Larry with a bag full of something.

"Hey Larry, what's up?"

"Oh nothin. Me and Ash just went to walk around town and then we stopped by at the skatepark."

"Mm, well me and Sal have been hanging here for a bit.."

"Really? I thought he went home."

"No he didn't, I had to help him with something."

"Ohhhh. Okay.. but on the way home I bought a movie for us to watch! Let's put it on! And some snacks too." He said as he went to the tv taking out the dvd

I nodded then walked over to Sal who was putting his mask on. He stood up and looked at me. Then that's when I knew that we both agreed to forget what just happened.