Chapter 13

| As me and Sal walked to the cafeteria we saw all of our friends waiting for us the there.

"Sal, Y/n. Where were you guys?" Larry questioned.

"Oh, just got caught in something but were fine now." Sal told him as he took a seat next to him.

I sat next to Sal too and put my head down.

"Everything okay Y/n..?"

I looked up to see Todd look at me.

"Oh yeah I'm okay... I just wanna go home.." I sighed out.

"Well, the day is almost over, we need our education to get somewhere anyways."

I sighed again and nodded as I put my head back down.

"Man this stuff is nasty! It's so gross.." Larry said to Sal.

"Well what do you expect? Food from the school here is probably fake and made of plastic.."

"Bologna is made of different processed meats such as chicken, pork, beef, and sometimes turkey."

"Man.. I wouldn't be surprised if it was made of goat meat or something.."

"C'mon man! Lunch is the only good day for me..." chug whined.

I put my head up and rubbed my eyes gently trying not to scratch them. Then all of us started talking about how the Bologna is made of goats meat until the lunch bell rang. I decided to walk Sal to physics since I didn't wanna go to class right away. As we were walking out of the cafeteria. We both saw the guy who beat up Sal in the halls. I got a little defensive and felt myself get ready to punch him back for what he did. But he just walked away doing his own business. It made me and him confused but we continued walking to his physics class.

"See you at p.e Y/n." He said as he waved at me.

I waved back at him and told him the same. I started to walk to my own class and tried to not fall asleep. But thankfully it went by quick and it was the last class of the day. As I walked to my p.e class I saw Sal walking the same way, he couldn't see me though since he was facing his back against me. I quietly ran up to him and nudged his backpack a bit making him turn around.

"Oh, sup Y/n. I thought you were already at p.e."

I chuckled and walked next to him holding the straps of my bag.

"Nah.. I was gonna get you too but I couldn't find you. But luckily I saw you."

"Heh yeah, thankfully it's this last class then after this we go home.."

"I know! I'm already tired.."

"Well you'll be home before you know it.. I can't wait to see gizmo.."

I smiled softly to myself and sighed out,

"Yeah..."

As we made it to the gym, we went to the changing rooms and got dressed. All we did was walk around the court while some other kids played with each other. Me and Sal though decided to sit somewhere the teacher wouldn't see us and talk.

"Damnit.. my nose still hurts.." He said as he held his nose gently with his mask still on.

I frowned slightly and looked at him.

"Yeah it's probably gonna hurt for a while..." I told him.

"Next time I see him I swear I'm gonna pick a fight with him.."

Sal turned to me and nodded no as his pigtails shook.

"Y/n.. as much as I'd like to stand up for my bullies, it's only gonna make shit worse. Plus, we don't know what he goes through at home."

I looked down at my shoes and put my hands up to my knees.

"You're right. I didn't think about that.."

Sal hummed and said it was fine. As we continued to talk, it was like time was moving by so fast. Being with Sal made me feel.. relaxed, but yet nervous. It was like my chest fluttered when he was around. I was almost frustrated with myself for having thoes feelings. I didn't even know what they were most of the times. Nervousness? Anxiety? But I didn't need anxious around him at all. But at the same time I did, and it only made thoes feelings stronger for him. What were they..? But before we could talk any more the bell rang. We got up and made our way to the locker room to change, then it was finally time to go home. As I walked out of p.e I didn't see Sal anywhere.

"Weird.." I thought to myself.

As I was walking up to the courtyard I heard muffled talking, almost like a whole group of people.

"You freak! Why the fuck do you look like that anyways!? Its disgusting!"

I felt my heart drop to my stomach and quickly opened the doors to the courtyard and saw a small group of students huddled around Sal.

"Shit!"

I ran up to him quickly as one of the kids were walking up to Sal as he was covering his face on the ground. Before he could do anything I grabbed him by the collar of his shirt and punched him as hard as I could. He fell over hitting his head against the tree stump. I walked over to him and crouched down to his level, i grabbed his shirt again and  pulled his face close to mine.

"The fucks your problem!? Picking on a fucking kid because how he fucking looks!? You honestly make me sick.."

His nose was bleeding profusely and I could almost see tears in his eyes.

"You bitch! Now you're fucking crying when someone points out the dumbass shit you do!?"

I let go of his shirt roughly and stood up.

"Take your little friends with you and fuck off.. you piece of shit.."

The guy stood up shakily and had his friends help him up a little more as they all ran away. I quickly turned to Sal as he still covered his face with his hands trying to find his mask, I quickly grabbed it and handed it to Sal.

"Sal, your mask.. it's all messed up. It's full of grass and it's cracked a little on the pink side.." I said as i wiped it gently with my sleeve.

Sal looked up to me and scooted closer to me grabbing his mask.

He moved his hands away from his face and saw that his nose was bleeding again. I took out the hankirrchief from my pocket again and gently cleaned his nose. Even though I wasn't pressing hard on his face, he winced in pain a little and pulled himself back a bit.

"Oh, sorry.." I pulled my hankirrchief away slowly and sighed heavily.

"Thoes damn bullies.. They're such fucking low lifes.."

Sal stayed quiet and looked down at the ground putting on his mask. I stood up and reached my hand towards him. Then he looked back up at me and took my hand.

"We'll get you cleaned up when we get home.. okay?"|