Chapter 5

| As me and Sal walked in the room, we were overwhelmed by the smell of dust and old. Even though it made me cough, Sal seemed to not be bothered by the smell at all.

"How do you not smell that? It's awful-" I said as I coughed.

Sal turned to me and looked confused then his eyes widened slightly and pointed to his mask.

"It's my mask maybe. I can still smell but not as good."

"Oh, that explains a lot.."

I followed Sal as he held his gear boy looking for ghosts. So far there was nothing.

"The bathroom is where Megan is."

I looked confused at him and tilted my head slightly.

"Megan?"

He turned to me and saw that I looked confused.

"Oh, I haven't really said much about my ghost friend. Her names Megan."

"Ohhhh.. Gotcha."

I followed Sal into the bathroom. He said that her ghost lives there and was easier to contact her there.

"She's a little shy, so she might not come out. Some days are better than others."

Sal pushed a button on his gear boy that lit up a bright green light.

"Hello? Megan? I brought one of my friends with me. She wants to meet you, she's really nice."

...

"Megan?"

Then all of the sudden, there was a transparent chunk of flesh coming out of the ground. And when all of it came up, it all revealed a small girl. She looked about 7 years old.

"Holy.."

"Megan, this is Y/n. She's one of my new friends. I want you to meet her, don't worry though she's super nice so she won't hurt you."

Megan looked at Sal then at me. Her stare was chilling, it made me get goosebumps all over my arms. All I could do was stare. I didn't know what to do. I've never talked to a ghost before.

"Hey Y/n! It's really nice to meet you."

Then I finally got to spit out some words. I was shocked for a second. But eventually I calmed down a little.

"Hey Megan, it's nice to meet you too."

Megan giggled and smiled at me happily.

"You're really pretty Y/n!"

I smiled warmly back at Megan and walked closer to her. But not too close.

"Thank you Megan. You're very pretty too."

I could see a small cool blush on her cheeks. She smiled again and put her arms behind her back as she swayed them side to side. Sal walked closer to me and started talking to Megan too. But sadly, it couldn't last very long.

"Uh oh! I need to go. Daddy dosent like it when I talk to strangers!"

"Huh? Wha-"

"Bye bye Y/n! Bye bye Sally Face!"

And before we knew it. She was gone.

"Damn, they never seem to stay long enough." Sal said to me as he clicked a button on his gear boy."

"Yeah, but it was nice meeting her. I wonder how she died.. she looks young.." I said.

"Thats what I've been trying to figure out, ever since I met her that's what I've been trying to do. But she always dissappears right when the questions come up.."

I sighed and went to the wall and leaned on it.

"Sal? Y/n? You guys there? Don't tell me one of you got possessed or somethin'.."

I looked down at the walkie talkie in my pocket and took it out. I pressed the button on it and started talking to Larry.

"No we didn't Larry. You find anything?"

"Nah, maybe next time. How about you guys?"

Sal walked over to me and put his gear boy away in his hood pocket.

"Sal introduced me to his ghost friend. She's really sweet."

"Damn, I should've went with Sal.."

"Well too bad, next time."

Larry groaned on the other end of the walkie talkie.

"Whatever, but we gotta get going. It's getting a little dark and I still have more for us to do."

Me and Sal looked at each other then at the walkie talkie.

"Mkay, meet us at the elevator."

"Got it."

I turned off the walkie talkie and made our way out of the bathroom. As we got out of the room we saw Larry waiting for the both of us at the elevator. Then the three of us got in and Larry pushed the button for the first floor. I gave him a confused look but he just grinned.

"Why floor one? Our room is in the basement."

Larry let out a sigh and put the both of his hands on the back of his head.

"I believe. Someone ahem- you owe me snacks."

I rolled my eyes and corssed my arms.

"I forgot about that.."

"Well, me and Sal will be waiting for you in our room."

The doors opened and I walked out while Sal and Larry stayed in the elevator.

"Do you want anything Sal? I have enough for the three of us."

"Oh no it's okay. I don't wanna waste your money."

"Are you sure?" I questioned him.

"Yeah I'm sure, don't worry.." Sal said as he nodded.

"Okay then, I'll be right back."