Chapter 6

|I walked to a small grocery store near the apartments since it wasn't as far as the gas station. As I walked in I heard static coming out of my walkie talkie. I almost forgot I had it with me. I took it out of my pocket and answered it.

"Hello?"

"Y/n get apple sauce. Sal says that's his favorite food."

After Larry said that there was subtle shuffling in the background.

"Was that why you asked me?" Sal said.

...

"Yes."

"Heh, ok Larry. Thanks." I said as I chuckled at the end.

I turned off the walkie talkie and continued to get snacks for Larry and Sal along with me. I paid for my snacks and walked home towards the apartments. It was a little cold since it was winter and it was a little snowy. As I entered the apartments i swiped my key card and made my way to the basement where Larry and Sal waited.

"Finally, you're back. Took you long enough!" Larry said as him and Sal were playing video games. I rolled my eyes and tossed the bag on my bed.

"Damnit! How do you always beat me?" Larry said to Sal.

He looked at Larry and shrugged his shoulders up and down.

"I dunno. I'm just good I guess."

"Mmmn.. Too good.."

I walked to the bag and took out my snack and started to munch on it. Larry stood up and took the bag and got his snack and Sals.

As Sal held it his in his hands he looked at it and around it.

"Something wrong Sal?" I questioned.

He looked at me then down at his apple sauce.

"Yeah.. Just.."

He sounded nervous and his body language said it all too. Then I started to put two and two together and thought about his mask.

"Is he nervous eating in front of us.. is it because of his prosthetic...?" I thought.

Then I looked up at Larry who was eating away.

"Hey, Larry."

He looked at me with his mouth almost full.

"Hmm?"

"I forgot, mom said she needed help with our plumbing."

"Really? That's surprising. She's always super independent."

"Yeah I know, it's a little weird but it wouldn't hurt to help her." I said as I got up and walked towards the door.

Larry stood up too and put his snack down on his dresser.

"Yeah, that's true.."

We both walked out the room leaving Sal by himself.

-Sals P.o.v-

When Y/n and Larry left I unclipped my mask from the bottom and started to eat. Apple sauce has always been my favorite since its easy to eat with my mask off. But I almost felt bad in a way, I trust Y/n and Larry with everything and anything. But I still felt uneasy about them seeing my face... The room felt relaxing in a way, it made me feel somewhat happy being there. Then Y/n and Larry came back.

"You liar! I thought she needed help with plumbing.."

"Well she said she did, maybe she did it herself already." Y/n said as she scratched the back of her head.

-back to your p.o.v-

As I sat back next to Sal I saw that he finished his snack. So it was his mask. As Larry and Sal continued to play as I watched. It felt like time was moving fast. Maybe because the three of us were having a whole bunch of fun.

"Alrightly you two I'm gonna rest my eyes for a bit."

I turned to Larry and sighed.

"You're not gonna fall asleep on us are you?" I questioned.

"Pfft! Of course not. I wouldn't do such a thing."

"Mmhmm. Sure."

Larry handed me the controller as he went to sit on one of the beanbags in the room. As I held it in my hands I looked at Sal. I could see that he was bored.

"Bored Sal?"

He looked towards me then started to swirl one of his pigtails.

"Hmm? No.. just.. thinking about something.." He said as he looked at the floor.

I looked at the floor then back up at Sal.

"Wanna get outta here?"

He looked at me again and saw that his eyes started to squint.

"What do you mean by that Y/n?"

I smiled and turned off the TV.

"Just follow me." I said as I got up.

Sal got up too and followed me.

"What about Larry?"

"Oh him? Nah, he's passed out anyways. He won't wake up any time soon."

Me as Sal made eye contact with each other then walked out of the apartments.

"Wait, so is this where you were leading me too..?"

I smiled at him walked up to the tree house.

"It was the one you were talking about yesterday."

Me and Sal stopped in front of the tree house and looked up at it.

"It's a lot bigger than I thought it'd be."

I turned to him and chuckled.

"N-not to sound mean! Or anything."

"Sal don't worry it wasn't mean at all."

I smiled at him then started to make my way up to the tree house.

"Comin up Sal?"

"Huh..?"

He looked at my direction and relaxed his shoulders.

"Sorry, yeah I'm going." He said as he chuckled at the end.|