chapter four

To state the obvious, their jet was better than good. I swear it was bigger than a normal public plane. I mean, I wouldn't know because I've never left my Melbourne hometown. Posey and her family love traveling though. She even took Mack to England a few months ago. I was a little jealous, but I knew my mother wouldn't let me go with Posey and Mack anyway.

Marco and I get comfortable on the plane, waiting for the others to arrive. I make sure that I am seated as far as possible from my older brother. He decided to sit at the very front. So where am I, you ask? The very back of this gigantic plane.

I'm starting to get bored, but that doesn't last for long. Three figures enter through the door. My father, Xavier, and Xander. They all look slightly surprised that we're already here. I don't acknowledge them, instead, I decided to turn my head, and focus on the window. The scenery outside now looks very interesting.

"Do you want something to do, tesoro?" My father asks me, sensing my boredom. Darling/ sweetheart.

"Yes please," I whisper, ashamed and embarrassed that I need the man who abandoned me and my mum, for help with entertainment.

"Here, tesoro," he hands me a tablet. "Do whatever you want on it, as long as it is appropriate." Darling/ sweetheart.

I nod, not wanting to respond to the man who took so much from me and my childhood. He sits down several seats in front of me, respecting my need for privacy and space. Xander and Xavier have decided to leave me alone, probably sitting with Marco.

Most of the time, I'm on my phone, so having a bigger screen is very new to me. I wouldn't have even noticed that the plane took off, except for the fact that there was a huge knot in my stomach, which seemed to unwind painfully when the metal bird rose into the air.

I hold onto the seat's armrests tightly, squeezing my eyes together tightly, scared for my life. But it's over as quickly as it happened. When I reopen my eyes, I see that we're in the clouds. I gasp in amazement, pressing my hands to the small circular window. A large smile rises on my face and I feel like I'm flying.

I make the executive decision to watch 'The Infographics Show' on YouTube. I found out that a guy spooned out another guy's brain, using only a spoon! To be honest, I am a little afraid because he's still alive. I watch many different episodes, eventually tiring myself out. I peer out the window, checking the sun, to see what time it is. I'm honestly surprised to see that it's pitch black outside. I prop my arms on the seat, to see whether or not my father and brothers are sleeping.

I can see my father intently working on his laptop, typing away furiously. Marco, Xander, and Xavier are talking in hushed voices at the front of the plane, cards and poker chips in front of them. I'm sure that none of my family would mind if I slept.

Making my body comfortable in the leather seat, I rest my head against the backrest, and curl in on to myself, in a protective position. The sound and the vibration of the plane gently rocks me into a deep slumber.

Papa's POV:

I got so caught up in my work that I didn't realize the time. It's pitch black outside, but I know that it will still be several hours before we land in Sicily. The Romano's true home. Before I call it a night, I check on my little princess. Amity must be so confused right now. I mean, we did just pull her out from school. Oh my, she wouldn't have had any food since breakfast. Does she even eat breakfast?

I'll make sure that we all have an extra big breakfast tomorrow morning, because me, Xander, Xavier, and Marco haven't had much to eat today either. My daughter lays curled up in her plane seat, an uncomfortable expression etched upon her pale face.

She looks just like her mother.

Noticing her discomfort, I decided to push the button that is on the side of her chair. It adjusts the seat, making it more like a bed. Her already cropped shirt lifts up slightly, as I rotate her chair. A frown makes its way to my face when I notice the purple and black bruises that litter her upper stomach. How did those get there?

I don't push it, since there is no way that I would wake her up. Sleep is very important. I corner one of my personal flight attendants and demand a thick quilt and two fluffed-up pillows. Amity always loved her pillows to be fluffy. If they weren't, she would refuse to go to sleep.

The flight attendant rushes around, quickly delivering my request. I walk soundlessly back to my figlia, draping the blanket over her, hoping that she doesn't wake up. Luckily, she's always been a deep sleeper.

I pull her head up gently, forcing the two pillows behind her. She instantly snuggles into them, nearly making me 'aw' in amazement. This adorable little girl is my daughter. I tuck a strand of her hair behind her dainty ear.

Xander, Xavier, and Marco come to see what I'm looking at, and when they see, all three of the coo softly. Xavier and Marco kiss her forehead softly, before retreating to their seats, bidding goodnight to me.

On the other hand, Xander stays. He just looks at his little sister lovingly. Eventually, he snaps out of his daze, but instead of going back to his spot, as I expected, he pushes towards the seat next to Amity.

I stand confused, as Xander pulls the blanket over him as well, sharing a pillow with his sister. He slithers one of his arms over Amity's small body, in an overprotective brother way.

"Buona notte, figliolo," I whisper to Xander softly, so I don't wake my daughter. Good night, son.

"Buona notte, padre," he whispers back, nuzzling his head gently into Amity's hair. Good night, father.

A/N: Hey guys thank you so much for 139 reads, it means the world to me. Please vote, comment and keep reading!! I'll have another chapter out at around the same time tomorrow night <<3