chapter five

Amity's POV:

When I was woken by Marco this morning, I was, to say the least, frustrated. But to top it all off, Xander's body was wrapped around mine. My expression must have been funny since all three of my brothers laughed. That brings us to now.

Our private jet landed in Sicily an hour ago, and since then, I hadn't spoken to any of my unfortunate relatives. My head is pressed up against Marco's red Ferrari, which seems to have been transported from Australia as fast as us.

My older brother keeps trying to start a conversation with me, but I refuse to interact with him. After all, I do hate every Romano. And no, I'm not a Romano, I'm a Gregor. Only me and my mum.

"Ami, we're nearly home, do you need anything before we arrive?" Marco asks me.

I don't respond to his question, keeping my gaze firmly fixed on the passing scenery. My older brother sighs deeply, picking up speed a little, now traveling at around two hundred kilometers an hour.

I would say that we are sitting in comfortable silence, but I believe that 'comfortable silence' is overrated.

Marco's nice, red car pulls up at the house, the same house I grew up in, well, until I was five, and my sad family decided to abandon me and my mother. A lot of memories swell through my head as my older brother drives into the garage.

From playing hide and seek with my second oldest brother Alec, to being chased around the garden by my oldest brother Alexander, who obviously was running slowly.

I sniffle slightly, trying to pull myself out of these past thoughts. Shaking my head, I force myself to remember that my brothers have definitely changed. They are definitely not the same boys they were ten freaking years ago.

A small bang does bring me out of my head. I turn to see that Marco has already exited the car, and shut his door violently, probably trying to tell to me get out of his car, without words. I take a deep breath before opening my own door, tediously following my older brother.

He slides the garage door open, mockingly bowing towards me. He looks me in the eye and salutes, wanting me to go in front of him.

I close my eyes for a second before shaking my head. I step one foot in front of the other, keeping pace. The house smells the same as it did ten years ago, it even looks the same. Portraits still line the corridors. Lots of them have a younger version of me, while some are of my brothers and father more recently.

None of them include my mother.

I look back at Marco as if to ask which room we are going to.

"Living room," he mumbles, straightening his suit. "Xavier, Xander, and father arrived a little while ago, so everybody's waiting for us, tesoro." Darling/ sweetheart.

I nod my head, somehow remembering which way to go. I take a step back, unsure about whether or not I can do this. Marco wraps his arms around my torso, bringing me into a comforting hug. I relish in the feeling since I have not had any hugs from my brothers in ten years.

After a few minutes, Marco opens the living room door, but I don't turn to look at the rest of my family, instead, I bury my head in my older brother's shoulder. I hear the sounds of people cooing, and I'm sure that it is my brothers. But I don't move my face from Marco's shoulder.

He chuckles lightly, petting my hair softly with his large hand.

"Ami, don't you want to see your brothers?" Marco asks me quietly, tucking some hair behind my ear gently.

In response to his question, I shrug my shoulders. Honestly, I'm unsure whether or not I want to see the rest of my brothers. The ones that don't care for my mum and me.

"I'm going to put you down now, principessa," Marco tells me, slowly dropping my body to the ground.

I huff loudly, inching my body around, to face my so-called brothers, who left me and my mother so freaking long ago.

Five men stand, two of them being Xavier and Xander. They are by far the youngest. I recognize Alec, because he used to have glasses, and still does. There is only one person who looks older than him, meaning that they're Alexander. The other one must be Stefano.

"Hi," I say awkwardly, not knowing how to start this conversation.

"Hey, cimice," Alexander whispers, as if not really believing I'm here. Baby Bug.

All of my brothers have their own personal nicknames for me, and 'baby bug' just happened to be the name Alexander gave me. After all, I am twelve years younger than him. Holy cow, that makes him twenty-seven years old.

"How have you been?" I ask, my entire body tense. I want nothing more than to leave right now, and never return to this wretched mansion.

"Lei è così pura," Stefano says in Italian, our mother tongue language flowing perfectly from his mouth. She is so pure.

"Sono sicuro di esserlo. Possiamo per favore parlare in inglese ora, non mi piace l'italiano?" I state, seemingly bored, but to be honest, I felt like a bad bitch with my cringy line. I am sure I am. Can we please talk in English now, I don't like Italian.

My three oldest brothers hold a level of surprise in their eyes but quickly recover, masking it with a blank look.

"I didn't know that your mother taught you Italian," Alec says, frowning.

I frown at this as well.

"Our mother," I am quick to correct him, astounded that he doesn't even acknowledge our mother, as being his.

None of the boys listen to what I said, now doting over how much I've grown, and how beautiful I look.

"Where's dad," I cringe at the word, but force myself to say it.

"He'll be with us later, to discuss the rules, cimice." Baby bug.

Well, crap.

A/N: Hey guys, thank you so much for reading!! Please remember to vote, comment and keep reading. Just remember that I'll have another chapter out tomorrow night. I love you all so much. Bye <<<3