chapter nineteen

To state the obvious, dinner last night did not go well. A lot of threats were thrown around the table. Some at me, some at my brothers, a few at my brothers, and a lot at Elijah- who is currently my assumed bully.

I retreated back to my bedroom last night, after revealing nothing about my day, to the family. To say the least, they were less than happy. I think that they expected me to come clean about everything after that small little talk we had before dinner, and my intense mental breakdown.

I am currently waiting for Marco, Xavier, and Xander to come downstairs. I am ready for school, and I am sure that their tired asses will make me late. Just as I am about to go upstairs and wake them up, a small herd of elephants topples down the stairs.

Oops, did I say elephants? No, sorry, I meant my three youngest brothers. Xander, Xavier, and Marco. They are all fixing up their ties, or securing their belts, and messing up their hair, to appear more 'bad.'

"Good morning, succhiare il miele. How did you sleep?" Xavier is the first to ask, kissing my forehead softly, before grabbing an apple from the fruit bowl. Honey suckle.

"I slept fine, thank you. What about you boys? You all seem to be very... unprepared." I say, a suspicious tone, hidden behind my words.

"We are... fine, principessa, we all just has a late night," Marco explains, taking a bite from Xavier's apple, causing a small outburst to come from the relaxed twin.

"Anyway, are we getting to school, or what. After all, the faster we get there, the faster I can skip class," Xander says, a cocky smirk on his face. "And I want to see the one and only Elijah Jones. We haven't caught up in ages."

From the look on my three brother's faces, I can only guess that this 'little chat,' will include more action than conversation. But I am sure that Elijah can hold himself against my brothers. I doubt that my brothers could hurt anyone, despite what lots of people are saying.

"Let's go." Xavier ushers me out of the living room, and towards the garage where a fancy black car is waiting.

"But I have to say goodbye to the rest of the boys. And our father," I argue, twisting in Xavier's hold.

"Ami, I think that they are still asleep. Last night we all had some business to attend to. But don't worry, we kept several people watching you. None of us would ever forgive ourselves if something happened to you."

Marco hops into the driver's seat, while Xavier is next to him, in the passenger seat, leaving me with Xander in the back. I scoot into the middle seat, so I am close to my supposedly mean brother.

"Please don't hurt him," I beg, knowing that he knows who I am referring to.

"I am not promising you anything, neonata," Xander says, keeping his eyes directed out the car window, since he is well aware of the fact that my puppy dog eyes are too strong. Baby girl.

We pull up at school, and I turn to face Marco, who looks like he wants to say something.

"I want to see you at recess and lunch today, please, Ami. If you are not there, then maybe I will have to involve one of our older brothers, or dad. And trust me, they want you to follow our rules."

I nod my head, silently agreeing with Marco's small speech. I know that my brothers want me to watch Elijah being beaten up, as both a punishment for not telling them anything and just so they can flex their power.

Without another word being said, I open the car door and start my walk of shame through the school. Now that it is the second day, most kids have realized that I know the Romano brothers, and a lot of mean glares are being sent my way.