chapter thirty four

The first week passed quickly, and it didn't take long for us to settle in. Within the first four days, we had fixed up the house. Now, there is no dust, no broken window, no peeling paint, and no blue room.

That is right, Elijah and I repainted our new room a beige colour, since we couldn't agree on anything vibrant. Our house looks less like an abandoned mansion, and more like a homely living space.

On top of all of that, I started training with the middle-aged man's son, Noah Greenspear. His father, Walker Greenspear, often comes by the house, since he is the man that owed the Jones'.

Luckily, the Greenspear family's first language is English, followed by Italian. I do not want to have to learn new words, as well as everything else that I am currently trying to figure out.

Noah and I train twice a day, in my 'adoptive' family's basement. And before you come at me, for having a crush on the son of my adoptive family, the adoption is technically illegal, and just a way for us to sound more realistic and less suspicious.

A heavy weight boxing bag is strung up in the basement, which I am expected to kick and hit for forty five minutes, each day. When I become more confident, Noah and I will start sparring, but until then, the boxing bag will have to do. He and I locally run, careful not to draw too much attention, but since Noah is known to be quite popular throughout this area, it can be hard.

Unfortunately, rumors have already started spreading about a particular new family, who are close to the Greenspears, and that the daughter is quite close to Noah. So much for drawing no attention.

Our runs are usually eleven kilometers, which takes us one and a half hours. We are hoping to cut it down to below an hour, but we will see. In the last two days, I have even starting playing around with a gun, upon the Jones' permission.

At first, I didn't want to, because it was what drove me away from my family in the first place. But at the same time, I want to stop them from continuing their terrifying reign. And the one way is to take them down. That probably requires being able to use a gun.

Noah and I practice in our basement, where there are shooting targets. From life-sized dummy people, to circular targets, there is everything a leaner could ever need.

I am currently sitting upstairs, with a water bottle, snuggling up close to Elijah on our shared bed. He is scrolling through his Instagram, and I am watching him, with my head positioned lightly across his chest.

Suddenly, Eli's phone begins vibrating loudly in his hand, causing him to drop it on the bed. The screen is filled with the contact name: dumb chicken nugget.

Xavier is calling.

Elijah and I make eye contact for a second, as if considering what to do. I give him a small nod, granting permission for Eli to accept the call. Probably a dumb idea. He swipes to the right, making it, so that Xavier can talk to us.

"I know you have her." My older brother's words are blunt. He holds no hesitation. They already know. "Stefano saw her, so there is no point denying it. We want her back, and if you and your fucked up family don't want a mafia war, then I suggest that you give her back fast."

I look down at the phone, knowing that somewhere in the world, my older brother, is listening to our quiet breathing as Elijah and I ponder on our next words.

"You won't get her back. Your sicko family is the one that needs to watch out, when you next see us, we will be your worst nightmare," Eli says, emitting confidence.

I can't help but tense up at his words. Worst nightmare? Sicko family? What is this, a grade three argument?

"That sounded so bad," I whisper, so Xavier can't hear me.

"I know, sorry," Elijah winces softly, thinking about his previous words.

"Amity's with you?" Xavier's voice sounds urgent.

"Yeah, why? Is there something you want to say to me?" I sass at my older brother, not in the mood for his overprotective nature right now.

"Not really, I just wanted to talk." I can imagine him spinning a lock of hair around his finger.

But something suddenly dawns on me. He called for no reason. Surely, Xavier knew that Eli and I weren't going to give away our location. And if Elijah has a phone with a sim card in it, then a hacker can gain access to where we are within minutes. And with my family, I am certain that they would only need us on the line for a couple of seconds, before securing our specific location.

"I know what you are doing," I quickly blurt out, holding my finger above the 'hang up' button.

"Just be careful, Ami. We have your friend, Theodore. One wrong move, or mistake that we catch wind of, and he might just become a missing person."

I am surprised when Xavier is the one to hang up the call, but I am sure that it means, they have our location.

"They know where we are," I tell Elijah, jumping up from the bed, and rushing around the room, pacing the space, repeatedly.

"I highly doubt it, cutie. I blocked caller ID, and made it so our location was untraceable. It would have taken your family's silly little hacker team at least two minutes of us online to trace our place." Elijah chuckles softly, at my previously terrified reaction.

"Why couldn't you have told me that!" I yell, hitting him lightly, with every word.

"Your reaction was pretty funny," Eli muses, a large smirk rising on his beautiful lips.

He notices where my eyes are directed, and his cocky expression expands, even further, if that is possible.

"Don't be scared, Ami," Elijah mocks.

And with those three words, I rush towards the boy, and force my lips against his, an overwhelming feeling deciding to settle in my stomach. Good butterflies flutter through my entire body as tingles appear everywhere.

When Elijah kisses me back, I can feel his tongue fight for dominance in my mouth, and I simply let it, wanting him to touch every aspect of my body. His tongue slithers over each of my teeth, finding the back of my throat, before pulling back, now submerging his attention to my lips.

One of Eli's arms wrap around my waist, pulling me close, while the other rests on the back of my neck, securing my head to his preferred position. Both of my hands snake around Elijah's neck, as a way of holding my body steady, so I don't topple over from excitement.

After nearly a minute, we part, both desperately needing air. I forgot to breathe, and it seems that Eli did also. A small smile graces my lips, and the teeth that Elijah just touched, are on display.

"That was great, we have to do that again." Eli's statement makes my dazed state giggle.

Then there is a knock at our bedroom door. Mrs. Jones walks in.

"Do what again?"

A/N: Hey guys!! Thank you so much for 9.8k reads, it means the world to me. If you enjoyed this chapter please remember to vote, comment and continue reading when I upload another chapter tomorrow night. I hope that you all have a great rest of your data. I love you all so much!!! Byeee <<<3