chapter ten

As you can imagine, the ride home was less than pleasant. I sat in the back of the car pouting out the window, while Stefano was in the passenger seat, with my father driving the range rover. I don't think that my dad usually drives since he was going forty-seven kilometers over the speed limit. Either that, or he really wants to get home.

I don't blame him, if I had to wait for myself or someone else in the hospital, I'd be frustrated too. I'm not looking forward to getting home. I'm sure that I'll have five very unhappy brothers, who want to know why I did what I did.

And then, there's the lockdown. That's something completely different. Having alone time sounds fine, great even, but not when I have someone babysitting me twenty-four, seven. I hang my head when I see the Romano house come into view.

It almost feels like I am walking to death. Where's my plank to jump from?

Stefano gets out from the car, opening my door, and bundling me into his arms. I am about to groan out a complaint, but I shut my mouth when I realise that I am in enough trouble as it is.

I take deep breaths remembering that these people supposedly love me, and would never hit and kick me like the bullies used to do. A guard that is standing at the front door bows at the sight of my brother and father, before opening the door. Stefano and my dad, only acknowledge him with a slight nod of their heads, not even looking at the poor guard.

Me being the good person I am gives a small smile to the man guarding our house. He doesn't respond, but I know he saw it since his eyes stop on my face, but a second later, they transfer to the ground. Weird.

Stefano continues his path, and walks straight into the house, calling for a family meeting. Oh no, what did I do now? I just got back from their suspicious private hospital, can I not go up to my room now, and spend the next week there?

Well, obviously I can't since my father and brothers seem adamant on talking to me about something.

Some of the boys walk into the living room, while others sprint in, looking worried. Everyone situates themselves onto a chair or couch. Stefano sets me on his lap. I wriggle around for a few seconds, before becoming comfortable.

My father waits for all of us to be ready, standing patiently, wanting to talk about who knows what.

"So, as we all know, Amity was in the hospital, due to her unfortunate attempted escape. I've already decided on her punishment and have scolded her for her dangerous actions. Jumping from a housing trust balcony onto a concrete floor is a fucked up idea. I don't care if you think you are superman, DO NOT JUMP FROM A BUILDING. Now, we discovered some very interesting things about Amity's body. On the x- rays, showed three previous broken ribs. Ones that were set in a fractured position for nearly a year. Obviously, someone has been abusing her to a severe point-"

I just drone out the rest of the conversation. They are talking about me as if I'm not sitting right here. I should have expected it. To be honest, I am just trying to figure out a believable lie, to make sure that my brothers and father don't assume something, and hurt the people who hurt me.

No one deserves to go through what I had to, even though they inflicted terrible pain upon me.

"Ami, did you hear what father said?" Stefano rubs my shoulder gently, trying to gain my attention.

"Hmm," I snap out of my thinking trance, lifting my head, to meet Stefano's dark emerald eyes.

"Father was just asking you something," he repeats softly.

"Who did that to you?" My father asks, his words were chosen carefully and his voice is even. But I can tell that it is desperate to break into anger.

"No one," I squeak, suddenly feeling very intimidated by the seven males that surround me in this large room.

"Dolce, I don't want to have to ask again. Who. Did. This. To. You." My father's voice is now very calm. Too calm. Sweet.

"I don't know?" My response comes out more like a question.

"Huh, well maybe your mother knows... or maybe we can just scan the bruised shoe print that is indented on your stomach, and have someone visit your mother until we find out who did it." My father's threat does little to settle my nerves. And I'm sure that it is not empty.

It happened a couple of weeks ago. The same people who loved to bully me, threw my already sore and tired body to the ground, before beating it mercilessly. Except this time, one of the boys made a mistake. He owned a really thick pair of mountain hiking boots, and would usually kick me with the front of the boot. But he accidently (or purposely) slammed the entire shoe into my stomach, with extreme force. I even coughed up blood.

But since his hiking boots were custom made, it wouldn't be difficult to find, especially with my family's net worth. I looked it up, and apparently according to Wikipedia, the Romano's have nine hundred and eighty seven billion dollars, Australian money! But then again, who trusts Wikipedia. The website is probably just trying to gain your trust before stabbing you in the back... just like my brothers.

"Was it your mother?" My father asks me, sounding slightly angry.

I shake my head from side to side quickly, hoping the the males of this house realise that I'm telling the truth.

"No," I say quietly, fixing my gaze on the floor.

Marco walks over to me and lifts my chin into two of his fingers (A/N: Guys, I was going to say forefingers but then I thought of foreskin 😂), he lifts me face, to meet with his eyes, and searches me for any signs of a lie. Once he can see that what I am saying is completely the truth, my older brother lets go of me.

I lean back into Stefano's chest, which makes a very nice pillow, I could almost sleep here. But one question looms in the back of my head.

How am I supposed to tell my family that I was beat up daily by the kids at my school?

A/N: Hey guys!!! Thank you so much for reading this chapter. Please remember to vote, comment, and keep reading. I'll update again tomorrow night. Until then, have a lovely day- or night, and remember to come back tomorrow. I love you all so much!!! Byeeeee <<<<3