chapter forty one

I found myself locked in my bedroom, back at the Romano house. Apparently, trying to hit my mom across the face while she is hugging me, is frowned upon in this family. Who would have guessed?

But of course, my hand didn't even have time to come in contact with my mother's skin, because her reflexes were a lot faster than mine. My mother's fingers had a strong grip on my wrist before any damage could have been done to her face. What a shame.

So, not only did I not have the chance to hit her, but I also get locked up in my room. The only thing I was told, was, 'we will get you tomorrow when the rest of the family and I have discussed what we are going to do with you.' That was my grandfather talking. If I can even call him that.

I presume that I will be bored in my bedroom. There are only so many things I can do, with no piece of technology, or a way of contacting those in the outside world. Right now, I would have to guess that it would be around seven o'clock at night.

Sitting in front of my big mirror, I reflect on what I have become. From my poorly dyed pink chalk hair to the small muscles that I have developed in my arms. Even to the way that my eyes sparkle a little bit now.

I know what I am going to do. Standing up from my spot on the chair, I walk to the bathroom that is attached to my bedroom, in hopes of finally getting rid of my pink, ugly hair. Don't get me wrong, it looks fine, but it was only supposed to last a couple of weeks and reminds me a lot of Elijah, his family, the house, and our time in Slovenia.

The shower is spacious and looks just the same as it did when I left. Making sure that the product I am looking for, is in the shower's holder, I strip off my clothes, and turn on the shower's tap, resting my forefinger under it, as a way to check whether or not it is warm.

When I am happy with the temperature, I step beneath the water, allowing the hot liquid to cascade down my back like a river, before falling into a puddle below my feet, getting swept away by the drain.

I have time to think about my life. What it has come to. How I was caught. Why I was caught. Who was the reason I was caught? And all of these questions, have answers that run back to Elijah. Although I am eternally grateful that he dragged his family to Slovenia with me, to keep the Romano family off my ass for a couple of months, I am surprised that he dipped as low as ratting out Noah and my plan of coming here. I thought he was better than that. And maybe he is. What Xander said is probably a lie. I bet that they just wanted a dramatic and betrayed reaction out of both Noah and me, as our lover and friend dobbed us in, on the enemy. But then why would Xander say he had proof if he didn't. I am sure that they know my curious mind, and how desperate I would be to discover whether or not, their words are filled with lies or are the truth.

These thoughts penetrate my mind constantly, and keep me from thinking about other things. But I don't have answers for them.

I look at the bottle of shampoo, knowing that it will be able to get rid of my flimsy chalk hair dye, with one of two washes. The beauty of living with a rich family, I guess. Opening the cap of the bottle, I squeeze a small amount onto my hand, and gently begin massaging it on top of my head, arching my back as the feeling of delight spreads across my hair.

I wasn't able to wash my hair a lot, during my time in Slovenia, since the colour of my heavily dyed hair, would wash out, and my figure would become more recognizable than it already was. So I washed my hair once every two weeks.

Getting the privilege of washing my hair properly, feels like Christmas has come early. I relish in the feeling of having clean hair, and squeeze the shampoo out harshly, watching as some of the colour drains out. How satisfying.

Hopping out of the shower, I wipe the glass mirror, trying to keep the fog away. After glancing at my reflection, a small smile makes its way to my face. Finally, after several long months, I look like me again. The real me, and not a Walmart version, with poorly dyed pink hair.

Although, my hair is still tinted with pink, it isn't as obvious as it was before. Now the hard part. Having to choose what I want to wear. Back in Slovenia, I had a limited number of clothes, and was just careful to wash them often, so I didn't smell like shit all of the time. No one wants the reputation of being the 'stinky girl.'

But here, I had access to any clothing item I wanted. A walk in closet was at my service, and a shortage of clothes wouldn't be happening within the next lifetime. It is a cold night, so I know that I want something warm, but I don't want to be overdressed, since I am only staying in my room.

I end up picking a checkered pair of loose pajama pants, and then an all black hoodie, that looks big enough to fit any one of my brothers, but designed for someone small like me. I then roll on a pair of warm socks, enjoying the feeling of slipping and sliding all over the floors of my bedroom.

Waddling back into my room, I throw the cover of my bed back, and look out the window, seeing that it is dark. Stars can be seen through the glass, and I can't help but goggle in amazement. In Slovenia, it was often cloudy, and when Elijah and I had the rare opportunity of seeing the stars and moon, we would often miss it, due to it being so late.

No. Don't think about him. He isn't worth anything. Not the moon, the stars, even the fucking sun. Once we find the right, guy though, they will be worth everything.

I grab a book from the nearby bookshelf, skimming over the name. I curl up under the covers of the bed, pulling the thick blanket over my body, before opening the book to the first page, prepared to start my reading.

Escape at this point, wasn't even on my mind. Where could I have gone, even if I did leave? Who would have taken me in, knowing who my family was? More questions arise in my head. Questions that won't answer themselves overnight, which is why I will think about them tomorrow. In a new day.

A/N: Hey guys!!!! Thank you so much for reading, and for over 13.3k reads, it means the world to me. If you enjoyed this chapter, please remember to vote, comment, and continue reading when I update tomorrow night again. I love you all so much!!!! Byeeee <<<3