Chapter XVI | Hold Your Breath

𝐇𝐎𝐋𝐃 𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐁𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐇
 ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄

"𝒀𝒐𝒖 𝒘𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒅𝒊𝒆 𝒔𝒖𝒇𝒇𝒐𝒄𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒅, 𝑨𝒍𝒊𝒄𝒆."

"5 𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒓𝒔.."

"𝒀𝒐𝒖 𝒘𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒔𝒖𝒇𝒇𝒆𝒓.."

Those phrases kept ringing in Alastor's 𝑠𝑒𝑒𝑚𝑖𝑛𝑔𝑙𝑦 unconscious head.

And soon, his eyes opened wide with a gasp escaping his lips to catch a breath.

And he froze when he found himself in nothing but complete darkness..

Not even a single ray of light...

His eyes started to get filled with tears and his hands were shaking when he touched the wooden surface..

"T-This isn't a c-closet..?" He whispered to himself while trying not to panic though tears were already rolling down his temples and his heat cycle making his breath more uneven.

Then he clenched his fists tightly while bursting into tears, "Where did you lock me up, you fucking asshole?!"

The only image that formed before his eyes was of Alex, while his cat ears twitched and he panted in heat.

But the feeling of gravity making him lie down on his back, the heaviness that he felt and also the lack of sufficient air or light made him realize that he was probably buried alive in a coffin..

His lips quivered and he sniffled while wiping his tears with his sleeves, "I-I won't die.. I swear I won't die here.. I won't die.."

He tried taking deep breath and hold them for a while but his heat didn't oblige to his situation. He was starting to drool with the dizziness.

Without the heat-suppressing pills, it seemed torturing for him to handle heat, his needs and his quick breaths.

𝗠𝗘𝗔𝗡𝗪𝗛𝗜𝗟𝗘. . .

"Alastor.." Alex felt his breath stop when he stared at the hundreds of gravestones.

"𝑇ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑒 𝑎𝑟𝑒 𝑠𝑜 𝑚𝑎𝑛𝑦.." He thought to himself while gripping his hair, "𝐶𝑎𝑙𝑚 𝑑𝑜𝑤𝑛.. 𝐶𝑎𝑙𝑚 𝑑𝑜𝑤𝑛, 𝐴𝑙𝑒𝑥.. 𝑌𝑜𝑢 𝑤𝑖𝑙𝑙 𝑓𝑖𝑛𝑑 ℎ𝑖𝑚. 𝐹𝑢𝑐𝑘𝑖𝑛𝑔 ℎ𝑎𝑣𝑒 ℎ𝑜𝑝𝑒."

Then he took a deep yet shaky breath and checked the time, "Fuck.. it's been more than an hour since that fucking vampire disappeared!"

"3 hours and 40 minutes.. I can save him.. I have to save him.." He started to walk towards the gravestones while trying to remain sane, though he could hear his own heartbeat loud and clear.

"𝐻𝑒𝑟𝑒 𝑎𝑟𝑒 ℎ𝑢𝑛𝑑𝑟𝑒𝑑𝑠 𝑜𝑓 𝑔𝑟𝑎𝑣𝑒𝑠.. 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑜𝑢𝑡 𝑜𝑓 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑚, 𝑜𝑛𝑒 ℎ𝑎𝑠 𝑡𝑜 𝑚𝑦 𝐴𝑙𝑎𝑠𝑡𝑜𝑟 𝑜𝑟 𝑒𝑙𝑠𝑒.."

He took one more breath and closed his eyes, thinking again..

"𝑆ℎ𝑜𝑢𝑙𝑑 𝐼 𝑑𝑖𝑔 𝑢𝑝 𝑎𝑙𝑙 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑔𝑟𝑎𝑣𝑒𝑠?"

"𝑆ℎ𝑜𝑢𝑙𝑑 𝐼.. 𝑆ℎ𝑜𝑢𝑙𝑑 𝐼 𝑏𝑟𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑎 𝑑𝑜𝑔 𝑜𝑟..𝑜𝑟 𝑎 𝑑𝑒𝑡𝑒𝑐𝑡𝑜𝑟 𝑜𝑟 𝑠𝑜𝑚𝑒𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑔?"

"𝐹𝑢𝑐𝑘 𝑦𝑜𝑢𝑟 𝑚𝑖𝑛𝑑, 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑓𝑢𝑐𝑘𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑎𝑠𝑠ℎ𝑜𝑙𝑒!
𝐻𝑜𝑤 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑓𝑢𝑐𝑘 𝑐𝑎𝑛 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑓𝑖𝑛𝑑 𝑎 𝑑𝑜𝑔 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑎 𝑑𝑒𝑡𝑒𝑐𝑡𝑜𝑟 𝑎𝑡 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑠 ℎ𝑜𝑢𝑟, 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑑𝑢𝑚𝑏𝑎𝑠𝑠 𝑚𝑜𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑓𝑢𝑐𝑘𝑒𝑟?!"