Chapter XIII | A Soul For A Soul

𝐀 𝐒𝐎𝐔𝐋 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐀 𝐒𝐎𝐔𝐋
______________________________________

𝐄𝐖 𝐌𝐎𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐒 𝐀𝐆𝐎. . .

The smell of human blood was hanging heavy in the air, tantalisingly close.

Casting a swift, assessing gaze over the gathered mortals, I maneuvered through the throng towards the entrance, only to be ensnared by a familiar scent.

Alice...

As I expected, there he stood, right across me.

With a slow, deliberate flick of my tongue, I savored the taste of anticipation that lingered on my lips as I sauntered into the room, a smirk playing at the corners of my mouth.

The audacity of this mortal, to invite a blood-thirsty vampire to his own birthday celebration. Little does he know, my presence here is merely a facade, a charade of civility disguised beneath the guise of a teacher. But alas, I would never have graced this insipid gathering with my presence if not for one reason: Alice.

As I entered, my eyes scanned the scene before me, taking in the spectacle of debauchery and revelry that unfolded. A horde of pitiful mortals, lost in their primitive rituals of dancing, drinking, and mindless indulgence.

Why do humans insist on commemorating such trivialities as birthdays, I wonder?

In the demon world, such frivolities hold no significance. Nor did they hold any sway over my dear Alice.

Speaking of which...

There he is, seated upon the couch with that insipid Alexander Ivory by his side.

𝑨𝒍𝒊𝒄𝒆 𝒘𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒂𝒍𝒘𝒂𝒚𝒔 𝒃𝒆 𝒎𝒊𝒏𝒆, 𝑨𝒍𝒆𝒙 𝑰𝒗𝒐𝒓𝒚.

𝑷𝒓𝒆𝒑𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓𝒔𝒆𝒍𝒇.

With a flourish of dramatic timing, the birthday boy made his entrance.

As I anticipated, Alex's fiery temper clashed with Max's crude tongue, igniting a brawl between them.

Amidst the chaos, it was both amusing and intriguing to witness the genuine concern etched across Alice's features.

Before he could intervene in the clash of the fighting dogs, I smoothly closed the distance, a knowing smirk adorning my lips.

"Welcome back, Alice.."

𝐁𝐀𝐂𝐊 𝐓𝐎

𝐑 𝐄 𝐀 𝐋 𝐈 𝐓 𝐘 :

𝗔𝗟𝗘𝗫'𝗦 𝗣𝗢𝗩

"WHERE IS ALASTOR?!" I shouted while gripping the collar of that motherfucking fucking ass jerk!

"Alex! Stop!" Mrs. Smith tried to pull me back, her eyes wide as if in fear or concern.

"SPEAK UP ALREADY!!" I shouted from the top of my lungs while staring fiercely at the motherfucker.