Chapter 6

Lisa's POV

"Unnie! Unnie!" Ella woke me up as she bounced up and down the bed. "Unnie! Unnie! Look look! Its so bouncy and soft." She ggigled as she continued to bounce on the bed. I internally smiled at the scene. She was so young when we lost everything, she had never experienced to sleep in a bed as soft and comfy as this one. Even back in our old house, my bed was not this comfy. And I felt rejuvenated. Even after the events of last night, my body surrenders at the tenderness of the bed. I had the best sleep in a long, long time.

I felt... Safe.

Back in our old apartment, I always slept with one eye open. I always woke up from the slightest noise. Our building wasn't very safe and most of the other tenants were lowlifes. My irresponsible mother also tend to leave the door unlocked so I always woke up to check on it. Even if we don't really have anything with value, I still fear for our lives.

Then reality hit me. This won't be forever.

But it can!

And all I've to do was accept Jungkook.

But then again, my pride won't let me. I won't take the easy way just like what 'that man' did.

"Unnie! I'm hungry!" My cute little sister whined. We both got exhausted by the events of last night that we've skipped dinner. "Hungry! Hungry! Hungry!"

"Let me check Ella, remember this isn't our house and we don't want to overstep our boundaries." I explained. But Jennie did told me to use anything so I guess that also extends to the kitchen.

"I remember!" She exclaimed. "The cute one that saved me from that scary woman!" Cute? Since when did she learned this word? Was my little sister crushing on Jennie?

Then Ella jumped off the bed and dashed outside. "Where are you going?"

"To her room!" Just as I thought.

Jennie's POV

"Wake up! Wake up!"

I groaned as I felt someone bouncing on my bed. "Go away..." I uttered as I buried myself deep in the pillow. It was Saturday so I don't have any reasons to wake up early.

"Wake up! Wake up!"

It can't be my friends as it was a child's voice. Then I remembered last night. I opened one eye and was greeted by a pair of deep sparkling brown eyes.

"Good morning Miss!"

I yawned and stretched as I sat on the bed. "Good morning Ella.Don't call me Miss, you're making me look old. Call me Jennie." I then ruffled her hair.

"Okay Jennie!"

"Ella." We both looked at the door to see Lisa. She was already dressed up. The pink blush in her face indicated her embarrassment on her little sister's innocent action.

"Unnie!" The little girl whined. "Jennie! Jennie! I'm hungry."

"Ella, can you please wait on the couch, I'll fix your breakfast soon." Lisa ordered and the little girl suddenly changed her mood from cheerful to sad as if she had done something wrong. She then slowly walked out from my room. "I'm sorry about her."

"Its nothing. She was actually cute. And smart too." I replied back. "The cupboard is full as well as the fridge, feel free to cook anything. And I think my helper would be glad to finally an empty space."

"What would you like to eat Jennie?" She inquired.

"I can eat anything. And please call me Jen. I really don't like being called by my full name."