2

Jack stands at the top of the isle, Quinn, Luke and Teddy next to him.
"Keep it together." Jack instructs himself under his breath.
Soft, instrumental music starts as the crowd full of jacks teammates, and both of their families, turn their attention to the back. Megan, Jessica and Taylor come out first, walking slowly to the altar. Quinn beams, seeing Taylor all dressed up. Jack takes a deep breath before Elyssa starts walking out. His heart races once he sees her, everything else disappearing. Elyssa walks slowly, her arm in her moms. Elyssa feels her heartbeat quicken. She admires Jack in his suit, his hair done to look a little messy, but still put together, just the way she liked it. Jack watches as Elyssa walks down the isle. He feels hot tears run down his cheeks. He brings a hand up to his face to wipe his tears. Quinn lays a hand on his brothers shoulder, squeezing it, letting Jack know that he's there. As Elyssa approaches the altar, her mom presses a kiss to her cheek before she goes to sit down.
"Hi." Jack greets her at the altar, taking her hand in his.
"Hi" Elyssa smiles, speaking softly.
"God you're so gorgeous. Shit." He breathes loud enough for only the two to hear as he dries his eyes. Elyssa let's out an airy laugh.
The wedding begins, everything going as planned.
"I do believe the couple have written their own vows. Who would like to start?" The officiant says.
"I will" Jack says, taking a piece of paper out of his coat pocket. The room goes quiet, ready to listen to jack.
"Uh, if you've known me for a long time, you know I've never really been into anything except hockey. Hockey is the only thing I've ever really known and loved outside of my family. Practice, workouts, the NHL draft, playing professionally; it was everything I had ever worked toward. I didn't plan on falling in love with a girl who showed up at a game to root for the other team." The crowd chuckles, "but I quickly did. Elyssa, you are perfect. The way you get along with my friends and more importantly, my family, is so special. You are sarcastic, and funny, smart, independent, kind, and giving. You make me want to be better. I love having you in my life everyday. And I am so excited for what the future has in store for us." Jack reads. "P.S. Quinn and Luke helped me write this." Jack reluctantly reads the ending, making the crowd laugh as Quinn and Luke dap each other up. Elyssa giggles as well, wiping her tears.
"Elyssa" the officiant gestures to her.
"Jack Rowden Hughes, where do I begin. Before you, I had only opened up about my life experiences to one person, Megan. But, on our first date something inside me knew I could be vulnerable. You are my safe space. You are so strong, persistent, respectful, kind, funny, and caring. I admire your work ethic and drive everyday. I am so proud of the person you are and the person you are working to become. I love you and I am so honored to be part of your life." Elyssa finishes, looking at Jack through glassy eyes. She watches him wipe tears from his cheek.
"Do you, Jack, promise to cherish Elyssa as your lawful wedded wife, protecting her, and tending to her needs through sickness and in health?" The officiant speaks.
"I do." Jack nods.
"Do you Elyssa, promise to cherish Jack as your lawful wedded husband, protecting him, and tending to his needs through sickness and in health?"
"I do" Elyssa smiles.
"I now pronounce you, husband and wife. You may kiss the bride!"
Jack swiftly pulls Elyssa into him, his lips landing on hers. She cups his face in her hands, kissing him. Time slows as their lips are together. Elyssa feels like it's only her and Jack, everyone else disappears. They reappear when their lips part. The crowd cheers as the closing music plays. Elyssa and Jack hold hands as they walk down the isle to exit, stopping halfway to get pictures.

Everyone gathers at the outside venue with tables all around and a dance floor in the middle. They start the reception with dinner.
"So as people are finishing up eating, I just wanted to give a small speech before we rip up the dance floor." Megan speaks into a microphone, grabbing everyone's attention. She clears her throat before starting her speech. "I have had the pleasure of being Elyssas best friend for the past 5 years. We met when we were 18 year old babies, new to the modeling world. Which is actually how we met, at a casting call. Neither of us got the job, but afterwards we went out to eat and made fun of the other girls. Since then, she has been my other half. We have cried, laughed, gossiped, and been therapists for each other. I know that Elyssa has had to go through very difficult things. I admire her strength and perseverance. She has dealt with life's shortcomings alone, silently. When she met Jack, I had this feeling, like I just knew it would be good for her. One way or another. He brought this light into her life. At first I had my doubts, I mean, a professional hockey player doesn't really have the best reputation when it comes to dating. But, when Elyssa was in the hospital, after her car accident, he showed up. He missed practices to stay at the hospital with her, despite her being unconscious. He wouldn't leave. And as annoying as he was, I knew that he was serious." The crowd chuckles. "I knew that he genuinely cared. After the first summer she went home with him, she came back to New York happier than I've ever seen her. It's like she was finally able to relax and not have to constantly protect herself. So, I just want to thank Jack for being that person for her. The person to show her that life shouldn't have to be a constant battle. Thank you." Megan says genuinely. Elyssa wipes tears form her cheeks, standing to hug her best friend.
"I uh, don't know if mine will be as heartfelt as that, but I'll try." Quinn takes the microphone from Megan. "As it's been said multiple times today, Jacks always been hockey centric. Everything he's done has been for hockey. I'm not 100% sure, but I feel like it's safe to say that his only goal growing up was to make it to the NHL. I also feel like it's safe to say that most people have only ever associated Jack with hockey. Elyssa has kind of, softened his extreme passion. The first summer she came with him to Michigan, I kind of laughed to myself. I remember thinking, this poor girl is just getting lead on. But the next summer, she was there again. She quickly meshed into our family, and more impressively, our friend dynamic. She held her own and put the guys in their places. My mom quickly noticed that Jack cared more about life, rather than just hockey. It kinda scares me how well they are together. Congratulations you two." Everyone claps as Quinn finishes his speech.