21

Elyssa sighs as she gets out of the car and enters her apartment complex. She had Megan pick her up from the airport because she figured Jack had practice that morning before their game. As she unlocks the door, she lets out a relieved breath.
"Hey?" Jacks surprised to see her from the couch.
"Hey." She huffs, "I figured you were at practice."
"I got back like an hour ago." He walks up to her, taking her bag and setting on a chair. She almost collapses into his body, mentally exhausted. He holds her tightly in a hug, rubbing her back. His heart breaks as he hears her try to quiet her cries. She holds him tight, almost like she afraid of losing him.
"He's dying." She chokes out into Jacks neck, now wet with her tears.
"Let's go sit down." He leads her to the couch, Elyssa sits, curled into jacks lap. She cries into his chest, finally letting everything go. She spent the past few days holding everything together and putting on a brave face. Jacks eyes grow glassy as he listens to her cry. He wishes there was something he could do to make it better. For now, he just holds her close.
Eventually, Elyssa falls asleep in jacks lap. After a few hours, Jack had to get up and get ready to leave for his game. Around 5:30, Elyssa woke up on the couch with a blanket over her. She opens her phone to a text from Jack.

Jack🥰
I had to get to the rink. Don't feel like you have to come tonight❤️

She sighs to herself, as she reads jacks text.
"I'm going." She says to herself.
She begins getting ready, seeing that their warm ups start soon.
Once she arrives at the rink, she finds the other wives and girlfriends who she's become friends with.
"Heyyy!" Nicole greets Elyssa with a smile.
"Heyyy!" Elyssa sing songs, matching her energy.
"I didn't think you'd be back?" Ryleigh hugs Elyssa.
"Here I am!" Elyssa laughs, hugging Brooke and Kristen as well.
"How was your thanksgiving?" Brooke asks.
"Mm, annoying." Elyssa sighs, trying to find the right word. The girls giggle, agreeing with the statement.
"Drink?" Kristen offers.
"Sure." Elyssa shrugs, taking the white claw.
"Where's Megan?" Ryleigh asks.
"Still at home. She's back tomorrow." Elyssa tells them.
The group of girls talk as they find their seats for the game. Elyssa is happy she came to the game rather than hibernating at home. For a few hours, she almost forgets about the drama that she'll have to deal with soon.

elyssahughes posted a story