8

Elyssa wakes up to faint sounds coming from the kitchen. She notices Jack isn't next to her as she checks her phone. As she sits up, her head begins pounding with the movement.
"Good morning" Jack smiles as Elyssa walks into the kitchen.
"Morning" she groans with a raspy voice, leaning into his body. "You already had practice?"
"Yeah. Figured I'd just let ya sleep. You feeling alright?" Jack questions her tone while wrapping his arms around her frame, pulling her closer to him.
"I feel awful" she whispers into his neck.
"Awe baby" he rubs her back.
"My head is pounding, my throat hurts like hell and I'm so congested I can't breathe." She complains.
"Go sit down, I'll make you breakfast and get you some medicine." He leads her to the couch. She sits down and Jack leaves to grab her water and pills to help with her symptoms. She grabs her laptop from the coffee table and opens it, looking at the work she needed to get done.
"The fuck are you doing?" Jack asks once he sees her on her laptop. He closes it and returns it to the coffee table.
"Heyyy! I need to get some work done." Elyssa complains with her strained voice.
"You're sick." He reminds her, handing her a glass of water.
"I have stuff I need to do though." She coughs, trying to reach around him to grab her laptop. He grabs her wrists, stopping her actions. He leads her to lean back into the couch and kisses her forehead before going to the kitchen. Before he fully exits the living room, he turns around to take her laptop with him, knowing she will not relax if it was there. Elyssa sticks out her tongue and blows a raspberry at him like a child. After a few minutes, Jack returns with eggs for Elyssa and sits on the couch with her. They watch impractical jokers while she eats.
"I was gonna go hangout with Luke, Ty and a couple other guys but I think I'm gonna just cancel." Jack tells her.
"Because of me?" Elyssa asks.
"Well, yeah, you're sick." He says like it's obvious.
"Baby I'm fine. I just have a stuffy nose and a headache. Go have fun." She doesn't want to be the reason he stays in.
"Yeah but I-" Their conversation is interrupted by Elyssa phone ringing.
"Hey" Elyssa sounds congested and raspy.
"You good?" Megan gives her a look of concern over the facetime call.
"So you do know how your phone works." Jack butts in, referring to a few days prior. Megan is quick to flip him off and roll her eyes.
"I'm guessing you don't want to do anything then?" Megan assumes, now ignoring Jack.
"Depends. If you want to come over and watch movies, then let's do it. If you want to go out, scratch my name off the list." Elyssa says.
"Is Jack gonna have a heart attack if I come over?" Megan instigates jokingly.
"I won't be here." He says in a matter of fact tone.
"He's going to hangout with Ty, Luke and a couple other guys from the team." Elyssa tells her best friend.
"Then I'm on my way." Megan says before hanging up.
Jack begins getting ready to go out.
"Do you need anything before I leave? I'll put the Tylenol on the coffee table and let me refill your water." Jack offers as he's about to leave.
"I'm okay." She smiles at him softly.
"Alright" he hesitantly accepts her answer before kissing her forehead.
"Have fun. Be safe. I love you." Elyssa says as he makes his way to the door.
"I love you." He points to her on the couch as he opens the door to leave. Elyssa is alone for about 15 minutes before Megan enters the apartment.
"Hey!" Megan cheers.
"Hey!" Elyssa smiles as Megan sits on the couch with her.
"Ugh. I feel like I haven't seen you in forever." Megan sighs.
"I know. So what's been going on with you?" Elyssa faces Megan. A smile slowly forms on Megan's face as she blushes slightly. "Oooo! What is it! Is it a guy?" Elyssa excitedly asks.
"Maybe..." megan trails off.
"Oh come on. Tell me about him." Elyssa requests, eager to hear about her best friends love life. Megan hesitates, unsure if she wants to go into details yet.
"You know it always goes to shit once I start talking about a guy." She tries to reason.
"That's bullshit and you know it." Elyssa says straight up.
"Fine. He's super sweet. Like an unsuspecting kind of sweet. And like he's just so like ugh ya know?" Megan smiles while talking about the guy.  Elyssa smiles and nods along as Megan talks.
"What's his name?" Elyssa furrows her eyebrows.
"That's a secret." Megan teases.
"Be so fucking for real." Elyssa rolls her eyes.
"I'm not telling you yet." Megan defends.
"Ok. Can I at least like see a picture of him?" Elyssa tries to settle. Megan shakes her head no. "So I'm guessing I'm not gonna be able to meet him anytime soon?" Elyssa assumes.
"No" Megan hums with a sly smile.
"Ugh. Whatever. What do you wanna watch?" Elyssa moves on from the subject, knowing she's not going to get anymore information from her best friend.