{𝟏𝟏} *ੈ✩‧₊˚ 𝐍𝐨𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐨𝐮𝐬 𝐀𝐋𝐃𝐂

✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰

"Everyone present?"

"Yes," the kids all replied in chorus. Josephine rubbed her temples, it was time for another hectic competition week. 

Scarlett and Keira on the other hand were excited to be dancing. They were all lined up in order of height, so Keira was between Lilly and Elliana while Scarlett was between Elliana and Brynn. 

"Alright let's get to the pyramid," Abby announced as she uncovered the first headshot. "At the bottom of the pyramid, we have...a new member. Everyone welcome Maesi and her mother Jaime."

Scarlett waved hello as Maesi went to stand between her and Elliana. She now understood why Abby had her join the team. Maesi bridged the gap between the minis and the elites. Abby had originally intended to do it with her, but she was closer to Brynn's height than the other minis. 

Of course, if Abby handpicked you across the nation, it had to be because you were a good dancer.  Scarlett was pretty proud to be one of the 'chosen ones', and she hoped Maesi would too. If this week wasn't too crazy, maybe Maesi would get to stay. 

"Next, I have Elliana," Abby uncovered the headshot and there was momentarily, a silence. Elliana smiled sadly as she expected her place. "You forgot that lift everyone worked all Friday on. That is unacceptable."

"Next, Kendall. All week I've been telling you to use your face. You did not use your face." Kendall looked slightly annoyed but didn't say anything.

"Next, I have Nia. I thought you were fine in the group, but you blended in."

"She did not blend in," Holly pointed out.

"You're saying this because you're her mother," Abby retorted. Holly gave up and retreated, knowing she would be arguing with a brick wall. "I thought Nia was great," Josephine whispered to Holly, "I was watching her the whole time."

"Moving up we have Brynn, I thought you were exquisite in the group. Well done." Brynn smiled at the compliment as everyone gave a polite round of applause.

"Next we have Camryn. My eyes were drawn to you in the group. You were fierce and also a smart dancer and saved the lift. Keep it up." Scarlett applauded Camryn's quick thinking, she saved the dance.

"Next, we have our winning duo, Scarlett and Lilly," Abby announced smiling at the young girls. Scarlett high-fived Lilly, it felt great to be this high up on the pyramid. 

"And on the top of the pyramid are Kalani and Keira. First place and I expected nothing less. Good job." Keira hugged Kalani as the older girl for once, smiled during pyramid. 

"Our group dance this week is...hip-hop," Abby declared. All the girls cheered although Keira also felt slightly nervous since the ALDC didn't do hip-hop often and when they did, it was Boss Ladies. And it'd be really hard to top Boss Ladies.