6

"Alright, now you gotta tell me who that hot guy was?" Gray asked me for the 169999545th time, and if I had a short temper, I would have knocked him out ages ago.

"He's....a friend." I finally said,but Gray wasn't buying it.

"Nuh-uh, no friends flirt like that?"

"You call that flirting?, It was two friends, talking."

"But the way he looked at you Dimitri, I saw it."

"Alright, continue seeing it, I'm gonna head home."

He suddenly grabbed my arm, and pulled me into an awkward bro hug.

"This is... random." I spoke, my hands hanging limp by my sides.

"If you like this guy, go for it. I'd hate it if you spent your life with Jake."

I pulled back, and looked at the genuine concern oozing from his eyes.

I wanted to explain to him how amazing Jake was. How he made me feel. How during sex he.....

"Speak of the devil...." Gray spat.

I was about to ask him wat the hell he was talking about when I felt a pair of muscular hands enveloping my waist.

I felt his lips kiss my cheek.

"Hey baby." He cooed, spinning me around to face him.

"Hey." I leaned I to his touch.

Our little bubble got popped when Gray spoke.

"Bye bestie, I don't want to get the disease of toxicity."

He left, and I suddenly felt awkward. Naked. Exposed.

"So, what are you doing here?"

He eyed me curiously.

"Doesn't seem like you're too happy to see me." He commented, chewing on the bubble gum I hadn't noticed he had.

I fiddled with the cuffs of my hoodie.

"No, it's just that..."

"No, no, I see how it is...." He said, a cunning smirk on his face.

"Anyway, want some gum?" He asked.

I looked at him, waiting for him to pull it out so I could decide if I wanted it or not.

"Where is it?" I questioned.

His smirk grew larger. It seemed malicious, evil even.

"Right here." He pointed to his lips, which under the lazy glint of the sun seemed dark red.

"Uhhh..."

"It's rude not to accept gifts... especially considering I came..."

I cut him off with a peck on the lips. I pulled back before he could register.

"C'mon, that's it?" His face was contorted to an unsettling frown.

"Let me show you a real kiss."

He pulled me to him, and his lips enveloped mine in a warm embrace. I could taste the faint taste of watermelon on his lips. Then the kiss got deeper. He thrust his tongue into my mouth with a dominance I couldn't comprehend. I didn't even bother to wrestle my tongue with his. I could taste everything. The watermelon flavor emanating from the gum, faint flavor of whiskey, a sauce I understand. And probably couldn't pronounce the name of.

I was the first to pull away, panting.

Is it me? Or does he seem more romantic?

I was surprised when we veered to another route other than the one to our apartment. I looked at Jake quizzically but either he ignored me or is a bloody good actor because he gave me as much attention as a fly on the dashboard.

We arrived at a quiet lonely street and considering all the horror movies I've been watching  I kept having this vision of him whacking me and dragging me to a dirty alley and doing heinous deeds to me. Shudder. It didn't help that he was looking at me like I'm the last smoothie on the counter.

We walked till we got to this place named ‘La Chateau; finest suit fitting with the finest fabrics, designs and cufflinks’

I scoffed. Suits..., wedding? MARRIAGE?!

I began to hyperventilate and breath like mad. I felt Jake place a gentle hand on my shoulder, then using his index finger, he popped two pills into my mouth. It immediately disintegrated upon contact with my saliva to a semi sweet goe. Eventually, I swallowed it, and felt my heart slow down.

He said nothing as he pulled me into the flashy building. It was nothing I expected; I expected snobby customers stomping about, rich men with bellies who smoked cigars but the store was as empty and silent as a graveyard. Mannequins were all over and needles, measuring tapes and whatnots.

Jake didn't have to call out much before can young man, probably around my age sommersaulted, yes sommersaulted our way. He was handsome, too handsome with a foxy demeanor, black painted nails, skinny figure, sly smile to reveal nice teeth, full pink lips with shimmering lip gloss and curly hair that stopped beneath his ear. An unspeakable envy gripped my neck.

“Hi, bonjour, bonjour,” he chirped with a heavy French accent.

“I'm so sorry Jake, my father is not around” he said “but I'm willing to take your measurements if you are willing”

“I can even make your suit you brought in your designs no?”

Wait? They know each other?

He began circling us, a measuring tape around his slender neck. His hand fleeting around Jake's pecs. His eyes narrowed to mere slits when he saw me.

“And who's this mademoiselle?”

“It's a guy.” Jake quipped sharply.

“oui, he's very handsome, is he your-”

“Can you just take our measurements Beaux, were kind of in a hurry.” Jake cut him off.

Hurry? where was he taking me next?

They stepped aside not to mention Beaux was flaunting his figure all the way. Jake stripped off his shirt, painfully slowly. I might add. Then  Beaux began to measure him, touching him like some sort of prized possession. His hands lingered everywhere, his pecs, his abs, his arms...and I felt a choking sensation. The worst part? Jake was just letting it happen.

Not to mention that lil Mr Hoe was flaunting his ass around to him. It wouldn't take a genius to figure out he was flirting with him. I am standing right here for crying out loud!

“You must really work out alot.” Beaux said, squeezing Jake's buff arms.

“yeah, I work out every morning.” Jake replied, his eyes focused on me.

I suddenly got hit by a nasty dizziness. I tried to clutch onto one of the mannequins but it toppled over. All of their attentions shifted to me.

“You okay monsieur?” Beaux asked, but I couldn't respond. My throat felt really dried, and my legs felt like spaghetti. But before I could topple over, Jake rushed over to me. I didn't even have the time to geek out over the fact that he was shirtless.

The last thing I saw was Beaux's foxy smile, and the last thing I smelt was Jake's slightly feminine cologne that had a hint of strawberry.