21

45 hours later...

I woke up to the sweet smell of eggs frying. And the sight of my sexy, tall glass of manly grace making it.

“Morning Sweetness...” he said, having hearing my bones stretch.

“Morning muscles,” I responded, getting up and engulfing him in a back hug.

He leaned into my touch perfectly.

“Any nightmares today?”

“Nah,”

For every night I've been sleeping here, I've been getting nightmares. Severe, vivid, debilitating nightmares about the one person I fear the most, Jake Oliver.

I've dreamt of him stalking us, waiting for us everyday to fall into his devious traps. Which in turn has made me extra paranoid and clingy to Kain lately which meant him taking me to the bathroom and shit like that.

“Where's Grey and Romero?”

“Oh, they went to explore a bit....”

As he finished that sentence, the door flew open and there stood Grey in majestic silver shorts, a white, glittery tee, a silver jacket on top and glitter themed glasses.

“Wassup bitchesss!” he exclaimed throwing all the shopping bags on the bed.

“dude, what's with the disco ball look?” I asked.

“You wouldn't get it....Kain here gets it, right baby?”

“Yeah...I do.” Kain chuckled.

“By the way....” he threw a tabloid magazine on my bed.“here's some really hot tea.”

“Since when do you buy tabloids?” I asked.

“Since I saw your ex, the Hollywood snob on the front page!”

He was right. Jake was on the cover page. A weird expression on his face, as if he was running from someone. Looking messier than ever in a skin tight, stained white tee, and dirty shorts. Which was strange because to Jake, looks were everything, especially to the public.

𝙃𝙤𝙡𝙡𝙮𝙬𝙤𝙤𝙙 𝙨𝙬𝙚𝙚𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙩 𝙘𝙤𝙪𝙥𝙡𝙚 𝙞𝙣 𝙩𝙧𝙤𝙪𝙗𝙡𝙚.

The headline read.

I opened the tabloid and read the article.

“On the 2nd of this month, Jake Asher Oliver was taken into custody by L.A officers after allegedly brutally beating up his now ex fiancee, Kamila.

Apparently, the two were watching a movie when Jake suddenly flipped out and attacked Kamila mercilessly which resulted in a black eye and a busted nose on Kamila. The director of his upcoming anticipated movie, Warren Abdul, has promised no delay of the movie release date.

Jake is expected to be seen in court around some time next month.”

I was half sad, half happy. Happy because Jake was getting what he deserved, but sad because, I probably expected things for him to go great now that I was out of his way.

“I'm not hungry anymore...” I mumbled.

“But why?” Kai asked sadly.

Just before I got to come up with a logical explanation, my phone rang with a shrill. It was an unknown number. My stomach churned.

Please don't be Jake, please don't be Jake.

“Hello?” I called out in a whisper.

“Hi...” a female pitchy voice responded.