12

Gray's laugh cut through like glass in the heavy night air. “You kicked him in the balls? You?”

I pouted and put the phone on speaker. “it's not funny Gray. You don't know him like I do.”

He laughed once again. It was short, sharp and cruel. “You give him too much cred man.” he said “that pampered princess can't hurt you even if he tried. He looks like he would say he's too pretty to fight.”

“His dick certainly is pretty.” I spoke and some old woman jogging by gave me a disgusted look and tugged at the rosary that was hanging on the fat folds on her neck.

“Anyway man, Can I come over?”

Gray sucked in air harshly. “i'd love too sweetie, really, but it's Romero's birthday and I'm planning on giving him his juicy birthday present if you know what I'm saying.”

I scrunched up my face.  The last thing I needed was a visual of my naked best friend.

“But I'm all alone in the park. It's at midnight. I'll get kidnapped and sacrificed to Lord kadhulu!”

I was starting to hyperventilate. Here I was, in shorts and a nylon tee that I stole from Jake as I ran, my phone at 30%, and my confidence at an all time low. I was not ready to be on true crime shows.

“C'mon dude, you're a blonde white boy. Nothing's gon happen to you. And if it does, I will avenge your blood.” Gray quipped.

The silence from my end was enough to tell him to tread softly.

“Alright unicorn, gotta go, Romero's here and I gotta do really nasty things to him.... byeee ” he chirped.

“Alright boo, take that dick with caution, yeah?”

“you sound like my parole officer.”

“You wish I was your parole officer.”

He chuckled a bit, then hung up.

I sighed loudly, silently considering going back on my knees and begging Jake for forgiveness, then allowing him to do whatever he pleases with me.

Why did this have to happen to me?

Why am I so damn stupid?

I-

“Dimitri?”

All the hair on my body stood erect. I really hoped it was someone I wouldn't have to punch.

Kain was standing there, his glorious double chin on display, his muscular frame hidden beneath a polo t-shirt. He was wearing black joggers and his tousled shiny hair made me jealous.

“What are you doing here?” he asked, his white canines on display.

“i was just looking at the full moon,” I lied, “it's beautiful.”

“i know right?” he quipped settling next to me.

“i feel so teeny sometimes, the universe is so big. ” he whispered and a cold puff of air left his throat.

“i mean in the grand scheme of things, do I matter?” I said, and for a brief moment, we made eye contact. The kind that's enough to make your knees buckle.

He punched my shoulder playfully.

“you're alright Dimitri.”

“Hey, I'm sorry I didn't make an effort to text you...alot of shit was going on....I lost my phone and my job and...”

“Hey, it's okay...I was going through some heavy stuff myself.”

I watched his lips twitch, and his eyes made their way to mine. His eyes were saying a million things that his mouth couldn't. I felt the same way too.