Unexpected Guest

"Four cheese-burst pan pizzas!" Harleen ordered while tapping impatiently at the oakwood counter

"Four cheese-burst pan pizzas!" Harleen ordered while tapping impatiently at the oakwood counter. She couldn't wait to meet Aakash and Mihika. Her school buddies were now happily married. She could still reminisce those days back in school when Aakash and she would dream of their future days when he would be married to Mihika and Harleen would come over for movie nights, dinners, and sleepovers.

Aakash and Harleen have been best buddies since high school. Something that started off as hate for Harleen in Aakash's heart changed when he got to know her personally. Soon enough, they became best of buddies hanging out till 4 in the morning and talking about philosophies of life. Doing all the crazy shit together for almost 11 years, they were now all grown up and busy in their own lives and careers.

However, that didn't affect their school plan. Aakash indeed got married to Mihika and was now happily spending his life with her for over four years. Harleen was the happiest to know about her two buddies finally getting to live their desired and dreamt life. Going on vacations, night outs, sleepovers, and adventure trips they did all of it together.

However, engrossed in work she hadn't seen her friends for over a month now. Thus, when she finally got an off day from her work she couldn't help but squeal in happiness at the mere thought of hanging out with them. Thus, surprising them out of the blue was her plan.

Swiping her card she made the payment for the six coke and four pizzas. Extras. She believed in extras. Whenever Aakash would ask about the extra order, she would simply answer, "What if my tummy doesn't get satiated by such a small amount of pizza?" Shaking his head he would always laugh it off.

But, that was the truth. She was a foodie. And the fact that Aakash never judged her for being so chubby and a foodie made her even more comfortable with him. Mihika was always a sweetheart and her childhood best friend, thus she never felt conscious among her buddies.

Balancing the heavy order she made, she managed to open her car door and placed it inside the car. Moving her fingers back and forth she released the stress and finally settling inside she drove off to her destination.

A smile was intact all the while on her face. She wasn't actually able to figure out why did she feel extra glad today to meet her same old goofy buddies. Probably, the distance made her crave their presence more she reasoned to herself.

Finally reaching her destination, she pulled over making perfect parallel parking in the parkway. Something she wasn't so skilled at. Thus, seeing her perfect parking an even huge smile took its place on her face. Things were going just right today.

Pressing 31 at the elevator's number pad, she reminisced the time when both her friends were looking for a good place to settle in and she had come up with this flat. Mihika found it just perfect and being an interior designer decorated it in an extremely heartwarming manner.

One of the rare houses she felt so homely at. Harleen and Aakash had together painted all the walls under Mihika's supervision while she went governing all the work like a headmistress.