Destructive Differences and Broken Hearts

Obsession

Obsession. Often seemed as a negative emotion and to many extents it is. But, who can ever decide if it's always bad? For instance, if you're obsessed to achieve your goal, it wouldn't be deemed negative right? Neither would it be bad when you would be obsessed towards bettering yourself, would it be? That could be debating, since narcissism can be something that could intervene in that journey. However, if we keep the positive aspects of obsession aside, we would come across major negative symptoms. For instance, being obsessed with yourself or a particular person for that matter, being obsessed with a certain activity that it hinders not just yours but other's lifestyle as well or just being an obsessive lover.

All of these have a negative impact on one's life, and there's no denying to that, with a few ifs and buts hither thither ofcourse. With someone who was seeing this on the comical and frustrating side right now, Harleen wasn't able to pick sides. Her father's obsession with his lovely plants while Mihika's obsession of believing the truth she had perceived inside her head, were doing no good to Harleen's stature right now — the one which felt like bursting out at any moment right now.

"Papa, I have watered your marigolds, have given the new tomato saplings manure and yes, I have chopped off the worn out lemon plant's branches. Please, stop worrying now!" She said in a rather rude tone, for an Indian child, and thus followed the awaited signature scolding of every Indian parent calling their kid out for not respecting them.

If only they knew, the situation at hand was much more important than her father's scolding right now. She had to listen Mihika out. Mihika, who had been ranting endless curses for Aakash. God knows, what this guy did! Harleen thought internally.

"Papa, I'm out at a friend's place and she's calling me. I'll call you in the evening, scold me later!" Saying that, she hung up listening his bye only after cursing her more for being rude to him.

Sighing, she walked to Mihika, who was sitting massaging her temples, while shedding few tears making her nose rosy in doing so. Sitting beside her, she cupped her cheeks to rise her head up to look at Harleen.

"Talk to me." Harleen said looking straight into her eyes holding her disheveled face in her hand.

"Reema." She said, before escaping yet another sob.

And everything started to make sense when Harleen heard her name. Reema. Aakash and Mihika had graduated from the same college, and Reema was one of the college mates they had back then. Notorious for her confident aura and no nonsense personality, she had fallen for Aakash back then, oblivious to the fact that he already had a girlfriend, Mihika. It hadn't taken her long to confess her feelings to Aakash, when he had refused her politely saying he was committed already and would not entertain any such activity. Reema wasn't the one to be a psycho obsessive lover, thus when she was made aware of her boundaries she chose to stay inside them. But, the incident sure had sparked a pool of bitter feelings inside Mihika's heart for her. Afterall, insecurity was something obvious to erupt for this situation.