Unexpected Rain and The Company That Matters

Unexpected rains were something she absolutely loved

Unexpected rains were something she absolutely loved. Having the clouds rain when there were no signs of even a breezy weather, was something that always got her heart skip beats. But, today she was sulking at the same raindrops which were kissing the ground and her skin with every passing second. Well, getting drenched in the rain with one guy she wanted least to be with wasn't something she was finding entertaining at the moment. And, if just his presence wasn't enough to bring her mood down, his extra chatter-ly mouth was just a cherry on the cake.

Shiuli had forced both Harleen and Daksh to go and check the arrangements of the venue of today's party. Something, Harleen insisted on doing alone, but too much for Shiuli's adamance of sending them together, got her here. They had checked the venue and even instructed the organizers about some changes that the theme of the place invited.

Everything had gone smoothly until Harleen's car decided to give up on itself today. Working just fine a few moments ago, it broke down in the middle of nowhere. After multiple attempts by both of them to ignite the engine, when they got nothing out of it, the only intelligent thought that appeared to them was to get out of the damn vehicle and call some mechanic, for it was only getting hotter staying inside a locked vehicle that wasn't even supporting an air conditioner at the moment. Much to their dismay and surprise, the clouds had started pouring waterworks. Surely the weather elated the nearby locals for it showered in a scorching hot weather out of nowhere, but for the two of them it was anything but elating.

Compelled to sit inside back again, when they tried to unlock the vehicle to grab a seat for themselves, the poor metal gave up on that as well. Hence, now here they were, standing outside in the pouring rain waiting for some mechanic, yelling at each other.

"Couldn't you have gotten it checked earlier?" said Daksh, with a deep undertone. 

"It was working perfectly fine until you sat inside it. You jinxed it!" She twitched her nose at him, wiping her face off the droplets. Daksh shook his head looking at her. Spotting a distant teashop, he suggested they go there for the shelter, to which she agreed for once with him, in a while. 

"Bhaiya, 2 masala chai!" He asked the vendor, rubbing his hand together and few of the raindrops that had drenched his baby blue tee. 

"I don't drink tea, Daksh. Don't you know that?" She asked irritated, but soon paused reminiscing how in the past Daksh had said to her, that she would have her first tea with him, and he'll make sure she likes it. Both of them fell into an awkward silence, for that was the same memory Daksh's mind had shown him as well right now. 

Breaking the silence, Daksh said, "I know. But, do you remember we had a deal that you'll have your first chai with me?" He smiled looking at her soon after he said those words, catching her off guard. She didn't expect he would have remembered.

"Did you have your first chai yet though?" He asked, looking hopefully at her, wanting her to answer it negatively.

"Yeah, I did." She lied, maintaining a straight face in front of him. Call her sadistic, but she wanted him to feel bad. To feel bad for abandoning her for all these years making him realize she had not waited for him to do all the things they planned together, she had not cared about him, just like he didn't care for her when he left her. She didn't care even if it sounded childish inside her own head.