Apologies and Fun

It was a bright Sunday morning when Harleen was chilling on her balcony with a cold cup of coffee and her guitar

It was a bright Sunday morning when Harleen was chilling on her balcony with a cold cup of coffee and her guitar. Singing the trad tunes of a song and vibing to the beats and pace, she felt peace. One of her major dreams while growing up was to become a music artist, not that she was deprived of it but architecture caught her sight when she was at the age of making career decisions. Intrigued by the art and process of the work, she ended up giving in.

There were never any regrets when it came to what she did for a living by her side but the fact of not fulfilling her dreams of singing in front of the world did make her feel a bit sad. Having her balcony jam sessions was her coping technique. Assuming that the world listened to her voice, whenever she sang on the balcony made her feel contended. She was never the person to gain happiness through materialistic things, and neither did she look down upon those who did. It was these quiet and little moments that made her face light up like a kid's.

Today, while having one of her jam sessions she received a call from a very unexpected person. Sure, he talked to her before too but that was from Aakash's phone when she was unaware of who actually the caller was. Today, however, it was him. His name flashed on her screen making her bemused by his contrasting act. He still had her number? She thought he might have discarded it by now like he completely discarded her from his life. When he called from Aakash's phone, she didn't have a reason to not attend the call but today she had, didn't she?

Ignorance is his favorite game, isn't it? Why shouldn't she play the same then?

Putting the phone on silent, she placed it flat on its screen to prevent herself from reading that name again. There were times when they had talked over the same number about endless topics all night. The night was their favorite time, wasn't it? Was it really necessary to end that happy paradise of hers? She had no answer to why it all ended. It has been over six years since she had been asking this question herself, every single day, but now she didn't feel like asking the same. Blaming it all on him, she now wanted to run away from the haunting feeling his disappearance gave her.

Sometimes things aren't meant to be, right? Maybe, the same went with their friendship. Maybe. Paying attention to it is not gonna make it any better now, is it?

Just as her thoughts halted, she picked up her phone to see that the caller was no more troubling her. Shaking her head she shifted herself to the bathroom for a quick refreshing shower to take her mind off the things that were roaring inside it.

_______________________________

Daksh sat on his garden swing glancing at the photo of hers he had stealthily clicked back at Aakash's house. She was tensed then. She felt vulnerable then, and all he did was nothing. Did he really run away so far from her to not understand her feelings? Wasn't he the same guy who always noticed her mood without even her verbally making him aware of it? Wasn't he the same guy who used to comfort her on the roughest days of her life? Was he really so changed now? It was all his fault. Had he not believed everyone's words, had he questioned her once openly, had he trusted her more, all that was left now was regrets and 'had he-s'.