☠️ || Pure Vanilla + Child!Reader. - Loss.

Saying again, I love writing angst :)

Alright let's do this!
*insert pizza tower reference*

reader will use they/them pronouns cause the gender did not specify.

(Edit on July 29th, 2023:  Heads up.  I need to focus more in my classes.  Apologies too.  I'm going to need extra focus on school since I'm taking Advanced Placement classes this year.  I promise when I have free time I'll devote it towards working on this book!)

(Edit on July 30th, 2023: I realized this is like 3 months overdue.  I'M SORRY!  I'll publish this today!)

====================

Alone.
That's how I felt right now.
Alone.
No one dared to help such a helpless child wandering in the streets.

"Excuse-" The cookie didn't even spare any words as they walked away from me.  I looked down in shame.
Stupid...
What was I thinking..?

*FLASSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHBACKKKKKKKKKKKK (sorry)*

"Mommy!  Daddy!"  (Y/N) exclaimed, running down the stairs.  The little bundle of joy bounced up and down.  The sun was shining throughout the house, the curtains neatly placed on either side of the window to let the rays of hope crash down onto the vibrant home.  The Vibrant home of the (L/N) family.  "What is it you need, my sweet child?"  The mom asked, looking down at her sweet little devil.  "Can I get on the computer?  Please?"  (Y/N) asked in a desperate tone, grabbing the hem of their mother's shirt.  "I promise I won't do anything!"  (Y/N) exclaimed.  The mother looked down at the child and smiled, patting (Y/N) on the head gently.  "Of course!  Remember the rules I gave you."  The mom said, dismissing the child.  (Y/N) went up stairs and slammed the room door opened.  (Y/N) immediately jumped to the computer and smiled.  They grabbed their cup of water and sipped on it.  "Hmm...what to watch..."  (Y/N) scrolled through the internet.  Ah yes, a destructive kid always curious.  What will happen?

"What's this?"  (Y/N) asked, clicking on a video.  It was such a calming video.  And then...
*BOO JUMPSCARE!*
"AAAAAHHH"  (Y/N) Threw the cup of water on the computer.  It started to send electricity out of it, and before you knew it the laptop turned off.  (Y/N) screamed more as they bolted out of the room and went downstairs.  They hugged their mother's waist tightly.  "Mommy!  I saw a scary video online!  I'm scared!"  (Y/N) said, hugging her tighter.  "Oh my!  I'm sorry, my sweet child..."  The mother said, patting the child on the head.  (Y/N) sniffed and wiped the tears falling from their face.  "Mommy?  I saw sparks flying from the computer too..."  (Y/N) said.  The mother opened her eyes in shock.  "Stay right here.  Mommy will combat the scary electricity and you can sleep peacefully!"  The mother said, walking upstairs.

. . . 

"Case #45."  Almond Cookie said, holding (Y/N) tightly.  (Y/N) cried against his leg.  "Mommy?  WHERE'S MOMMY?!"  (Y/N) cried out, looking up at Almond Cookie.  Almond Cookie gave the child a solemn look.  "...I'm afraid she will not be here no more."  Almond Cookie said.  The house was destroyed.  Everything was gone.  Even (Y/N)'s parents were gone.

This was all their fault.
Their fault.
They will not forgive her.

"Kid.  What happened?"  Almond Cookie asked, looking down at the kid.  "My- I- I saw a scary video on the computer and I tried fighting it by throwing the water on the laptop!  I saw scary electricity and I-"  (Y/N) broke down crying.  "It's all my fault!  Mommy is gone!"  (Y/N) cried out, feeling more tears fall down their face.  "Where's daddy..?"  (Y/N) asked.  "...I'm afraid he is gone too."  Almond Cookie said, holding the kid tightly.  (Y/N) cried out in despair, sadness.  It was all their fault.

Their fault.

My fault.

*end of flashback*

My fault.
It's all my fault.
Mommy and Daddy are gone because of me.
How can I live like this?

"Excuse me, are you lost?"  A voice called out.  I looked up to find a strange cookie with a staff.  "Where is your home?"  The cookie asked.  "...It's gone..."  I mumbled.  The staff's eyes widened in shock a little.  "You poor thing...would you like to come with me?"  The cookie asked.  I nod silently.  Finally.  Someone helped me.

"What is your name, little cookie?"  The cookie asked me.  "I'm (Y/N)."  I said.  "...Pure Vanilla Cookie."  Pure Vanilla Cookie said, smiling.  I looked up at the strange cookie that claims to be 'Pure Vanilla Cookie.'  "...Thank you for helping me, Pure Vanilla..!"  I said, smiling at him.  He smiled back.  "...It is no problem.  Tell me...what happened to you?  You seemed a little burnt."  Pure Vanilla said, walking to his home.  I looked up at his home in amazement.  He lives in a castle?  How cool!  But when I heard that question, my smile flattened.  It got replaced with a flat line.  "..."  I felt tears go down my face.  "I- Mommy and Daddy are gone..."  I said, crying more.  "The house...I went on the computer and saw a scary video and- I- It's my fault!"  I cried out, feeling streams of tears fall from my face.  Like a waterfall.  "Mommy and Daddy aren't here no more because of me!  I shouldn't have tried fighting the scary thing on the computer!  It was scary and I tried shooing it away with throwing a cup of water at the computer!  I- I saw scary electricity and I- My- THEY'RE GONE!"  I cried in despair, agony, pain, guilt.  Pure Vanilla Cookie gave me a solemn look before hugging me tightly.  "...Young Cookie.  I am sorry for what you went though.  I'm sorry...I'm sorry your parents are no longer with you.  I'm sorry...I couldn't do anything to help you...I'm sorry so much...so much..."  Pure Vanilla Cookie held me tighter.  "I'm sorry that happened to you..."  He whispered.

I cried more.  It hurts to look at the past.  Hurts me so much.  The past is something I can never let go.  Especially after that traumatic experience.  They died because of me.  Because of me is why I don't have parents no more.  Because of me doing such a stupid move...I'm lost.  

I will never forget this moment.
I hate it.
Hate memories...but at least...

"...would you like me to watch over you for the time being?"  Pure Vanilla asked me.  I looked up at him and slowly nodded, hugging him more tightly.  Like a parent to me.  I never want to let go of him.  "...then I will protect you.  With my life..."

Pure Vanilla Cookie is a guardian to me...protecting me...
...
I am...
...
I can never forgive myself,
but for this once,
This one time,
I just might...see the light being around him.

======================

sorry for it being short
It wasn't as detailed as the last angst oneshot but I'll take this one don't feel like rewriting it over again.
anyways...

✧ Thanks for reading, lovely!

--> Next Order:  Prune Juice Cookie x Parfaedian! Female! reader

See you in the next one!

-Longan.