chapter 12 a fifth of the uchiha

Sasuke was playing shogi with his sister, on their front porch of their house. They were waiting for their brother to get back as he was out on an anbu mission. His father was sitting by his sister looking into the sun while his mother was reading a book next to him. They were waiting for Itachi to get home. He and his best friend Shisui were coming back from an anbu mission. Sasuke smiled, his father was proud, of his progress since joining team 7. He wanted to brag about that to his older brother. He looked up at his game and saw a silhouette approaching.

"Itachi!" He screamed in joy. Getting ready to run towards his approaching brother when he noticed the scowl on his face. "whats wrong?"

"Nothing little brother, please head inside, I need to take talk to father about some private things..." his brother cryptically said, poking his forehead.

"Well well well look who's back," a voice rang out causing, the everyone to look up at the new person approaching. This person was Taiko Uchiha, the elder son of one of the uchiha clan elders. "Hows it been, Itachiiiiii?" The man said, drawing out the name in a mocking fashion. Itachi's scowl worsened at this. A look in his eyes screamed betrayal and anger.

"Leave now Taiko." Itachi ordered staring the 18 year old man down. "Im in no mood for your games." Sasuke looked back and forth at the two older Uchiha. He knew that Taiko and Itachi had bad blood, the former was jealous, being one year older than his brother but less acclaimed.

"Oh, so mean, I just wanted to see how you were doing. You weren't around the compound so you must have been on a mission. I just got back from one yesterday." Taiko said his voice smug and insolent... "run in to any trouble? hehe."

Itachi's eyes flared into the sharingan "I'd be quiet if I were you." He said his voice a bitter calm. Just what was going on?... Itachi then seemed to change subjects "where is your father's blade and mask?"

"OH-ho? Are you accusing me of something child?" Taiko sneered at the man only one year younger than him, his mood now sour "They were reported stolen last month, didn't you know?" Sasuke's eyes widened. Taiko's father, Tekka Uchiha was known for those two items, like many in his clan he was considered a prodigy in battle. Tekka was a kenjutsu expert, know as the serrated Uchiha for his custom serrated blade he used. It was serrated so it would leave unique cuts. He had a special anbu mask he made after his service was up, a black crow mask, while he wasn't allowed to ware it on missions he was proud of it and its personal meaning.

Itachi's eyes narrowed "Hn. Very well then. Come on Sasuke we are leaving." He said obviously not satisfied with the response.

Just then Taiko did the stupidest thing of his entire life. When Itachi was leaving he called out from behind him "You seem very stressed Itachi-san, why don't you talk to shisu-gak" Sasuke's older brother jumped onto the other Uchiha, and started pounding his fists into the man. Fugaku had to pull Itachi off of him.

"Itachi, Stop! What are you doing?" The father asked.

Itachi recomposed himself "...he's dead."

Fugaku squinted "No. Enough. I know Taiko instigated you but this is over the line."

Itachi was trembling in rage as he softly spoke. Only fugaku and Sasuke could hear what he said "Shisui is dead." Both Father and son gasped at what Itachi said.

"Im sorry." Fugaku spoke "Just head home for now. I'll deal with everything here."

Itachi nodded and walked Sasuke and the rest of the Family inside.

Later that night Fugaku and Mikoto had a conversation with Itachi "As we were coming home from the mission when we were ambushed by a ninja with a black crow mask and serrated blade." Fugaku squinted he understood what that meant. "He and five other masked individuals engaged us in battle." Itachi continued "Three had attacked in a frontal assult and two sniped us with kunai and senbon from the trees. This was a planned attack it happened just as we entered hi no kuni, they sniped our allies first so we had to defend them, and had set up a barrier to interfere with our chakra. We could barely use it at all. Also the all the weapons had some sort of poison on it."