chapter 17 through the grass

(a/n: hey guys merry Christmas! sorry for the hiatus but between working 2 jobs and school i just couldn't keep up. But i'm back now my last final is on monday so wish me luck! Anyway heres a new chapter and the start of the uzumaki arc! please please please tell me if you want to se team 7's adventure in wave along side this or if i should skip the wave arc and let that be background info. also have a nice day and please read and review :) )

Naruto stared at the gates to the leaf village, and sighed. Three days looking through old titles and nothing came up. He shook the thoughts from his head as his siblings walked up.

"You ready to leave the village for the first time Naruto?" His sister asked. Naruto nodded hesitantly, both of siblings exchanged glances "Don't worry about combat on this mission, not only are you as strong as a chunin, but, if you need protection, you have us," Naruto grimaced " mom, Jiraiya sensei and dads coming with us till we reach suna.."

Naruto waved his sister off "thats not it, Im pretty sure we have combat covered." Naruto shifted uncomfortably "look its nothing, but... this mission is a diplomatic and recruitment mission right? Maybe I should stay back. I mean there were a few Suna and Kusa nin in the crowd at the festival right? And merchants from all over too.." Menma and Mito frowned, "Look I'm just saying I don't want to be a liability, and in big political -.

"Your not a liability sweetie, your our son." Kushina assured in a motherly tone, Minato and Jiraiya beside her. Internally the three were kicking themselves, Naruto's fear was not entirely unrealistic, but they wanted to include him in this mission to show him he wasn't rejected.

"If you say so." Naruto sighed 'I wonder how my clansmen will treat me...' he thought as he prepared to move out the gate.

"So all the teams leave at the same time!" A voice called out as kiba approached, his team in the distance running up behind him "i'd say you planed this but you were too busy stuck in the spiral tower with a bucha scrolls, whacha doing training seals or something?" Naruto's siblings sighed.

Before Naruto could respond Akira appeared behind the dog-boy and slapped him upside the head. "Don' run off when yas guarden' me's ya shit! Ya left ya team behind too's." The rest of the team caught up and Kurnai scolded him.

Naruto looked up at his parents "Want to wait till everyone else gets here so we can leave together?

Minato closed his eyes for a second before he grinned "I can flash us to the border of fire and grass so no need to worry about time."

Kakashi was surprisingly on time coming, before his team. Naruto savored seeing team 7's faces but raised an eyebrow when Rumiko was with them too. She just smiled at him knowingly. Soon a old man with an alcohol jug attached to his side grumbled his way up to the gate and stood by the team.

"Guarding a day drunk?" Kiba laughed "Man I feel bad for you."

Satsuki squinted at the boy "We all KNOW you are going to be carried by your client so don't say anything."

Naruto grinned as he wrote something and handed it to Sasuke "Anything." Satsuki, Sasuke Kiba, Akira and Sakura hit him for that.

Soon afterwards a bald Might Guy ran in with his team following afterwards. Kakashi stifled a laugh. Kiba didn't. Akira brushed off the former bowl cut wearing ninja's scowls "I told you, offer that green monstrosity to me or my students and i'll shave you bald. You chose your fate." Tanjiro chuckled as he approached the group. "it'd be best to heed my clansmen's words, despite being a crass ruffian she has the power to follow through on all her threats."
Soon Ino Shikamaru and Choji came walking up. Issac and Ino were very deep in a conversation so much so that they missed Naruto's confused look. "Ino found the one person who uses more beauty product than her. They'er comparing notes." Choji supplied. Naruto shot they boys a look of pity, as Asuma spoke with the other Jonin.