CHAPTER THREE

The Descent Into Hell Isn't Easy

𓂃✩𓂃

"Clary?" Simon said after a few moments of the deafening silence between the three of them. Elara couldn't help but feel slightly excited to see who the redhead would choose and what would happen after she did so. "Clary, come on." he sighed "We gotta go"

"Simon, I think Jace can help us." Clary finally made her choice as she took Simon's hand into hers, hoping he'd accept her choice.

Elara's eyes widened as soon as she heard sirens waling in the distance, Jace immediately walked towards the girl and held his hand out towards her, to which she was greatful for as she placed her hand into his, allowing him to help her up.

"How do we know this Mick Jagger-looking guy is even going to try-" Simon began before Jace sighed and cut him off "Mundane, we do not have the time"

Elara gave Simon a stern look while Jace spoke, for some odd reason she felt herself trusting the Angelic figure beside her. It almost felt weird on how fast she felt herself trusting him, but she just did and she didn't have the answers for it.

Elara didn't even realise Jace still had hold of her hand until she felt herself being dragged towards the entrence of the beaten up Church. Clary and Simon trailed behind them, the redhead more excitedly while the latter was glaring daggers at the boys head.

"I honestly thought it would look nicer in here" Elara muttered the moment they all stepped inside, her eyes casting a look around the church. Her eyes soon met Jace's who only smiled and shook his head ever so slightly before letting go of the girls hand and lifted up the sleeve of his jacket and took out something that resembled a pen before he placed it against his arm.

Elara took a step back the moment the pen began to burn his flesh. "What the fuck, man" she whispered while not being able to look away from the sight in front of her.

"I know" Clary placed her hand upon the girls shoulder, pulling her close "Just trust me" But Elara couldn't even think straight, especially not when the angelic boy in front of her was burning himself, literally.

"But he's like, burning himself" Simon stammered slightly, turning to look over at Clary who just sighed in return. Elara didn't have time to react as she felt a hand interlace with hers, dragging her to their otherside. Elara looked down towards their hands and immediately noticed it was Jace's.

A loud laugh escaped Elara's lips the moment Jace grasped onto her brothers hand also who looked shocked. "Buddy what's going on?" Simon asked while trying to pull away from him "I'm not your type, man"