CHAPTER FITHTEEN

Major Arcana

𓂃✩𓂃

"I know where the Cup is." Said Clary as she turned around to face them, to which made Elara peer over towards her from her spot upon the couch, Magnus' legs were lazily flung across hers; a book in hand as he read.

"Come again?" Jace walked towards them as Magnus moved to sit up straight, his eyes staring at Clary.

"The tarot cards." Responded the Redhead, her eyes holding determination and proudness. "My mom, she must have painted the years ago, but the Mortal Cup has to be hidden inside the Ace of Cups." Clary began to pace back and forth while a soft sigh left her lips "The card looks exactly like it."

Magnus looked over at Jace, a knowing look gliting in his eyes which made Elara groan; There's definitely something wrong, isn't there.

"Wait, why aren't you guys happy about this?" Clary gave them all a panicked look. "All we have to do is find-" she paused for a second while she turned to look at Elara who only gave the girl a sad smile.

"Dot." Elara finished the girls sentence for her, bringing herself to stand as she walked over to the redhead, taking her hand into hers for comfort.

"If Dot had the cards when she was taken, we don't have much time." Said Jace, his eyes peering over towards both girls. "If Valentine gets his hands on the Cup-"

Jace was immediately cut off as Magnus stood up and held his hand up towards Jace, silencing him. "We know, if Valentine started creating Shadowhunters or gained control of demons." He hummed, beginning to slowly walk in circles around the girls, staring at Elara for the last part which made her internally shudder at the thought of Valentine using the Cup to control that small part of her." I'd be like Beyoncé riding a dinosaur through Time Square." He paused for a second as he walked in front of them "People would notice."

"But he can control Demons." Argued Clary as she soon felt the girl stiffen up beside her, which alone caused the Redhead to place her other hand onto the girls arm, rubbing it gently. "I've seen it."

"Mmm, paying off a few Demons is easy, especially singe they rarely survive long enough to collect." Elara sent the Warlock a glare at his words, but he merely sent her an apologetic smile. "Sorry." But he couldn't help the small giggle that left his lips after.

"Still waiting on Valentine's thank-you card." Said Jace, looking over towards Elara as she smirked and walked towards him, gratefully being welcomed into his arms.

"Opening the gates of Hell." Magnus looked over at Clary "That's a little more tricky."

"Valentine doesn't have the cards." Replied Luke as he walked into the room, bandages covering his chest and torso, but a smile still graced his face. "I do."