CHAPTER FOUR

The Descent Into Hell Isn't Easy

𓂃✩𓂃

After Elara had told both of the boys what she was and how they found out, it resulted in Alec scolding Isabelle for not coming to him first before trying anything drastic. Meanwhile Jace had just smirked and started to explain how he'd teach Elara to fight and explore more on runes. That alone made the girl smile even more.

Elara soon decided to wonder around the Institute, in search of her brother. She knew the both of them needed to talk, especially after the news of them not being related. It broke her, but she needed to clarify a few things towards him. Hoping to help the situation.

"Simon" She called out, spotting him walking side by side with Clary, the both of them speaking. But once Elara's voice was sounded they both stopped and the boy immediately walked towards her. "Can we talk?"

"I'll meet you both in the weapons room" Clary quickly spoke up "I'll tell the others where you are" she quickly walked away from the two, her long ginger hair flowing behind her as she hurried along.

Elara inhaled sharply as she turned to face Simon, frowning as she spotted he was staring towards the ground. "I may have been born a Lestrange" She paused as she grasped onto his hand "But I'll always be a Lewis, until the end"

Simon sighed and looked up, his eyes held so many emotions which made the girls heart sink. "But we're not twins, we're not even related" he stated simply, his eyes watering ever so slightly.

"Shut up" Elara shook her head quickly "I'll always be your twin because who gives a fuck if it's by blood or not?" She smiled, placing her free hand onto his shoulder. "You need me, I'm your evil other half"

Simon chuckled softly at that but held a stern gaze towards her "Promise me something?" he suddenly asked, grasping both of her hands into his this time.

"Anything"

"Promise me that nothing will change between us? That you will always be my sister, no matter what, even if you're not my real sister"

"I promise" Elara stated before she pulled him into a hug, resting her head against his chest while he immediately returned the hug, his head laying on top of hers. "Until the very end"

"I love you, Lara" Simon whispered, pressing a small kiss to the top of her head.

"I love you" Elara smiled into the hug, her eyes closing.

This was something they both needed, without each other they would be lost. Elara was Simon's other half as she was his. They would forever be eachothers safe person, if one was lost within the darkness the other would be the light.

Elara never knew the Lestrange's, they held no place within her heart. She knew that sounded harsh but it was the cold hard truth. Everything the girl had ever learned was all because of the Lewis', they were her family, the family she would stay with until her very last breath. Nobody could take that away from her. Blood or not.