CHAPTER FIVE

Dead Man's Party

𓂃✩𓂃

"Where's my brother?" asked Elara from her spot upon the couch, her eyes glancing around the unfamiliar room hesitantly.

Within the time the girl had spent with the Vampire, she had learned his name was, Raphael and he was oddly sweet towards her.

"He's safe." Chuckled Raphael  "So don't worry about it, Hermosa."

Elara scoffed, pulling herself to stand. "I want you to take me to him" The girl walked towards the vampire, a spark within her eyes "He needs me"

"He's fine." Raphael shook his head before crossing his arms. "But I want to speak to you first"

"Fine" sighed Elara, she was incredibly anxious for her brother and wished for nothing but to be by his side already.

"Come on" Raphael grasped onto Elara's hand while pulling her back towards the couch to which the girl pulled her hand away and sat down on her own accord. Placing both her hands onto her lap and intertwining them.

Elara didn't even spare him a glance as she stared towards the wall in front of her but soon felt fingers gingerly grasping onto her chin, forcing her head towards him.

"Don't look away from me, Hermosa" a smirk appeared onto his lips "Do you remember the accident you had a year ago?" The man questioned while pulling his hand away from the girls chin and moved it towards her cheek, caressing it gently.

"How could I not?" The brunette muttered, eyes narrowed as she just stared at him. "That was the worst day of my life, I would have been dead if some random person hadn't pulled me out from the wreck"

Raphael chuckled while moving his hand away "Well, I guess I deserve a thank you, then"

"why should I thank you.?" Elara questioned, leaning forwards.

"If it wasn't for me, Hermosa, you would be dead." Was all the boy said, awaiting for the moment it would click for the girl in front of him.

"You saved me?" The girl whispered with disbelief lacing her voice. Elara couldn't seem to take her eyes away from the vampire, why would he save someone like her? A random mundane at the time to him.

"Bingo" He chuckled lightly and walked over towards the stand that held various alcohol drinks "Do you want anything?" he gestured towards them.

"Surprise me" Sighed Elara as she placed her head into her hand, still processing everything she was being told and she could gather more would be revealed by the look within the boys eyes.

"Here" Raphael handed the glass towards her to which she quickly took and held it within her hand for a few moments before downing the whole drink, her throat burning as she coughed slightly.