CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE

The World Inverted / Blood Calls to Blood

𓂃✩𓂃

"What's the emergency?" Clary questioned as both she and Elara walked into Isabelle's room.

Isabelle turned around making Elara gasp "Oh, my Angel! What happened to your face?"

"Kickboxing class." Isabelle said, shyly  "I thought, 'Why not? quick class after work and boom! Home in time to see you two'." 

"Well, you definitely got the 'boom' Part right." Muttered Elara, placing her hand up towards Isabelle's face, seeing just how badly bruised the girls face was. 

"Andrea's foot right into my face." Isabelle cried "She has to pick today to finally land her roundhouse?" Isabelle's breaths came out shorter but quicker.

"It's okay. We'll fix it." Clary reassured her, but Isabelle wasn't having it as she began to pace the room.

"Oh, my god, what are people gonna think? And then Alec worked to hard to plan this. I can't not go to the party." Isabelle ranted  "And what am I supposed to do?" She soon walked in Elara's direction as the latter gently pushed her down onto the bed to sit.

"Hey, calm down." The brunette smiled before turning to Clary "Get the concealer, it does wonders." Elara turned back towards Isabelle, sending her a quick smile.

"Okay." Isabelle smiled while she picked up a mad hatter hat "But then we have to fix you and Jace, because you two not talking real messed with my, Chi." 

Elara furrowed her brows slightly at her while Clary walked back over with the concealer and started to apply it to Isabelle's face after taking off the girls glasses.

"Are you sure this is the right color?" Isabelle asked. 

"Yes, Iz." Clary smiled as she continued to cover the bruise up. 

"Okay, because if I don't show up to the party, your dad and Simon are so gonna kill me." 

"So, um." Elara started as Clary sent a slight nod at the girl  "do you think you could get a friend of ours onto the guest list tonight?" 

"Um, well if you can make this work? I'll do anything for you guys." She smiled. 

𓂃✩𓂃

The party was in full swing, Alec definitely did do an amazing job at planning it. Elara's mother and father were standing by Valentine as they were talking to each other, it was definitely weird to witness . 

Elara walked over and smiled, Valentines moved his gaze towards her. "Hello, Athena!" He exclaimed as he reached over and gave the girl a hug and kissed the top of her head "It's lovely to see you again." 

"It's lovely to see you, Valentine." Elara smiled, feeling a slight haze go over her. A hand came to rest upon  her shoulder, the feeling not going away as Elara looked up to see Elizabeth smiling widely as she pulled her daughter away from the others.