CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE

Rise Up

𓂃✩𓂃

Elara stared at the others, her heart beating quickly, almost making the girl breathless. The look on their faces was a combination of shock and fear. That alone made Elara want to step into the shadows and hide, already hating herself and what she'd become. For what she had awoken.

"I-I'm sorry." Stuttered Elara, her eyes moving to focus on the ground before her.

Isabelle, who was still standing in front of the girl, held her hand out, quietly asking Elara to take it. Elara hesitantly lifted her hand up before moving it back down again.

"I-I can't be here right now, I need to leave." Whispered Elara, she didn't know if she would be at risk of hurting her own friends, she definitely couldn't take that chance. 

Elara felt as if she was tumbling into a never ending cycle of darkness, almost as if her whole body had gone numb.

She almost felt nothing.

Elara turned around and walked towards the bridge that was above them, she closed her eyes before running and jumping, landing on the railings of the bridge. The brunette  turned her head and peered down at the others who were staring up at her.

Even from up here, Elara could see and feel the worry and terror coming from them. But for some reason she didn't feel anything except for the hint of anger pushing through the walls the demon had created, until Elara felt it flowing within her, half of her humanity returning. 

The Angels battling her Demons.

Elara jumped over the railing and onto the road before she began to walk down it, already feeling her face turning back to normal. She was no longer being masked by her demon, she was finally herself again.

Elara was sure that she had disappointed everyone, including Jace for not helping them. But she knew she couldn't, Elara had terrified herself beyond belief, as soon as she saw herself within that mirror, something broke from within her, like she was truly seeing who she was for the first time, and she didn't like it. Not one bit. 

The Brunette inhaled a sharp breath before she walked into the apartment building that homed Magnus Bane.

Elara entered the elevator and pressed the button that would take her to the top floor, where Magnus' was. As soon as the doors opened she walked towards the wooden door and knocked on it gently. 

Elara grew impatient after a few seconds as he didn't answer and began to bash her knuckles against the wooden door viciously.

"I'm coming!" Yelled Magnus from behind the door before it opened, his face turning from annoyed to worry in seconds. "Biscuit, come in." He said after a few seconds.