CHAPTER SIX

Raising Hell

𓂃✩𓂃

Elara's eyes fluttered, light streaming into her line of sight causing the girl to lightly groan before they fully opened. Confusion hitting her the moment she realised she wasn't in her  own room, but the sound of someone hitting a punching bag wouldn't be within her room either.

"Um, hello?" Said Elara while sitting up straight in the bed, her eyes glancing over towards the Angelic boy who was shirtless (nor did she mind) hitting the punching bag. "Jace?"

At the mere sound of her voice the blonde shadowhunter turned his gaze towards her, a small smile appearing onto his lips. "You're awake." he simply stated while walking to sit upon the end of the bed. "How do you feel?"

"Horrible." Muttered Elara as she wrapped her arms around herself. The girls body was still aching heavily from the attack Camille had granted her with. "But what do you expect, I was thrown into a wall by a vampire."  she suddenly paused, a conflicted look upon her face "Never thought I'd say that in my whole life"

The boy smiled sadly "Well, all the legends are true, so anything is possible now, love" he gingerly reached over and plucked up the stele that was sat upon the side table. "Hold still"

Elara felt his hand gently reach over to the side of her neck, pushing the hair away before he leaned closer, running the stele over the rune upon her neck.

The brunette couldn't focus, nor did she even notice the slight burn the Stele gave of. All she could focus on was the blonde in front of her, the way he glanced at at her, the way he made her feel things she still couldn't discribe. Elara had never felt a pull quite like it towards the boy, almost like her heart yearned for him. But how could that be? She had only really just met him, but the feeling wouldn't shake.

Unknown to the girl, the angelic boy was conflicted within his own feelings. Not understanding why the girl's presence seemed to lighten his mood, or how his eyes would immediately search for her when they'd be with the others. Jace could vividly remember the panic he felt the day prior when Elara was taken by the night children. He felt connected to her, enchanted by her.

Before either of them could utter another word, their lips connected, almost yearning for one another. The kiss was slow and gentle, something they both hadn't experienced before, almost as if the missing pieces of their lives had been restored and healed.

But why did it feel so wrong for the girl? But also so right at the same time? Maybe it was because Elara knew her best friend also liked the Angelic boy, that if she found out they had shared a kiss the redhead would no longer have respect for the girl.

But alas Elara scrambled those thoughts from her brain, deciding to enjoy the moment she may never be granted again. Her hand moving to gently touch the boys cheek as she leaned closer into the kiss, the both of them sighing in pure content.