CHAPTER TWENTY

Rise Up

𓂃✩𓂃

"Um, thank you for, um—" Elara gestured towards her now bandaged arm, Raphael just smiled and nodded his head gently. "I'm just going to see how Clary and Simon are doing." 

Elara walked out of his room and towards the living area, or should she say dead area since vampires aren't exactly living, okay she'll stop.

"Simon, what if I brought you back because I wanted us both to be different?" Elara heard Clary say, she immediately stopped walking and leaned against the wall, out of sight. So that's why Clary did this to him, because she wanted to pull him further into the Shadow World? 

What bullshit is that?

"I mean, suddenly Elara and I were these new people, and you were still living in our old world." Clary continued, making Elara's blood boil ever so slightly "Maybe I-I just couldn't fight this deep need for—"

"For us to be together." Simon cut in.

"Yes." Responded Clary. "Look, I understand if you hate me now." She continued "Elara already does because I didn't listen to her but I understand if you do too." 

"Be angry with you?" Replied Simon "yeah." He paused for a few seconds "Hate you? Never." 

Elara  looked down at the floor and closed her eyes, taking in a deep breath. She could hardly wrap her head around anything, but she didn't hate Clary, she was just merely disappointed and mad.

"Lara, come here, please." Simon called out the second he sensed her presence.

Elara opened her eyes and cursed under her breath, she forgot that he had vampire hearing now. Meaning she'd have a harder time hiding away in the shadows.

The brunette walked around the corner and saw Clary and Simon looking at her  "Clary." Elara started, placing her hands against the cage, holding onto it "I don't hate you, I never could, but I'm just disappointed and mad." she sighed before she continued.

"you need to start listening to what others say in the future." Elara paused for a few Second, letting Clary understand what she was saying. "Everyone has done so much for you, they've betrayed the Clave for you, they've put their jobs on the line for you. So Clare, you need to start giving back and listening to what they have to say." 

"I'm so sorry." Whispered Clary, standing up and walking over to the girl, placing her hands over Elara's that were holding onto the bars "I'm so sorry for what I did to Simon, I'm quickly forgetting that I'm not really the one suffering here." She paused while Elara smiled thinly "You've found out you're part demon, your real family died protecting you, and that you're a doppelgänger."

"All that in nearly one week." Laughed Elara, with no humor behind it. Clary merely sighed.

"I miss the way we used to be, Lulu, can we ever go back to the way it used to be?"